- San Diego, CA
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a System Administrator to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. Do you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment? If you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
The IT System Administrator is responsible for configuring, maintaining and monitoring Argen's servers, server applications, advanced functions, hypervisors, storage, backups and related infrastructure. Key tasks include bringing older systems current, maintaining existing systems, implementing new systems as needed, and securing these systems using industry best practices and the latest research. A secondary function is providing support for the Help Desk staff, including resolving tickets, and assisting where needed.
In this role, the successful candidate will be:
• Leads ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
• Leads daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Applies OS and application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrades administrative tools and utilities.
• Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system and support the growth of the company and its infrastructure.
• Documents and maintains IT processes, procedures, and system diagrams.
• Executes tasks using industry best practices in an effort to improve the company's IT infrastructure and overall facility.
• Documents time spent for each support issue in the company Help Desk.
• Provides Level II support for Help Desk Support Technicians, working with them to ensure best practices are followed.
• Opens and manages trouble tickets with 3rd party support vendors as appropriate.
• Available to work outside of normal business hours and be on-call.
• Other duties as assigned.
What does it take to be successful?
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience required.
• 4 or more years of previous System Administration or related IT/IS experience in a medium-sized business environment.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows servers and technologies, including:
o System Center
o Active Directory Federation Services
o Group Policy Management
o Windows Server Update Services
o Windows Deployment Services
o Remote Desktop Services
o Distributed File System
o Remote Access Services
o Internet Information Services
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
• Advanced understanding of protocols such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, WPA2, SSL / TLS, VPN, IPSEC
• Experience administrating Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 or higher
• Experience administrating Microsoft 365 environments, including Office, hosted Exchange, Azure, Skype, Teams.
• Experience administrating virtual environments. VMware experience preferred, including the use of VVOLS.
• Experience provisioning and maintaining large storage arrays or storage area networks (SANs). Experience with Nimble preferred.
• Experience administering modern backup systems. Veeam experience preferred.
• Experience with Linux operating systems. CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux preferred.
• Experience deploying and supporting multifactor authentication systems.
• Experience provisioning and managing Amazon Web Services. Workspaces experience preferred.
• Microsoft certification preferred.
• Must be extremely dependable; able to succeed under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
• Professional demeanor.
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
Our Awesome Benefits!
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
• Health/Dental/Vision Plans
• 401k with Employer Match
• Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
• Employee Events
• Wellness Programs
• Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Back to top