SQL Developer/Data Analyst
- San Diego, CA
SQL Developer and Data Analyst
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a SQL Developer and Data Analyst to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. Do you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment? If you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
The SQL Developer and Data Analyst manages and analyzes end-to-end, the data inside of the data visualization tool, Domo.
In this role, the successful candidate:
- Leverages Domo Workbench to import data from a variety of different sources.
- Imports data into the data warehouse.
- Builds efficient ETL processes.
- Prepares data for visualization, builds visualizations and performs data analysis.
- Identifies, researches, resolves issues, and provides meaningful insights to help drive business decisions.
- Builds Domo data flows using Magic ETL and Redshift to create new data sets.
- Builds interactive Domo dashboards and cards to deliver key insights to the business and aid in analytics.
- Translates key performance indicators (KPIs) into meaningful dashboards and cards.
- Works directly with business owners to manually build out a proof of concept for desired data visualizations.
- Validates all data sets and views of data.
- Monitors data quality and integrity.
- Consistently meets task deadlines while maintaining high quality of deliverables.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, business or related combination of experience and education required.
- Comfortable working with data in any format.
- Extensive experience writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp complex, technical concepts.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills, and the self-motivation to improve skills.
- Background with data mining and working with very large databases.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Delivery and solution focused attitude with client's best interest always in mind.
- Technical aptitude and analytical propensity.
- Proven ability to manage projects to completion.
- Must be able to work independently with general supervision and as a member of a team.
- The ability to work with business and system owners to obtain and document requirements.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Plans
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
- Employee Events
- Wellness Programs
- Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
Back to top