Quality Assurance/Process Engineer
Argen is dedicated to improving people's lives throughinnovative services and products for dentistry. With a core business as theworld's largest manufacturer of precious metal dental alloys, Argen has madestrategic investments in 3D printing and other technologies, positioning itselfas the ultimate provider of digital solutions to dental labs of all sizes.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Quality/Process Engineer to join our team at our headquarters in Sorrento Valley, San Diego,CA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involved with ensuring the quality of products and services.
- Investigate Quality issues for root cause and recommend/implement document corrective actions.
- Participate in process development, verification/validation activities for new and existing manufacturing processes.
- Analyzes test data and generate reports in assessing process performance.
- Develop/maintain SOP's, preventive maintenance, calibration procedures.
- Train personnel to SOP's in various departments
- Provide technical assistance as required within manufacturing or process development activities.
- Assist with developing/managing document control system
- Internal Auditing
- Create and execute protocols for verification and validation testing
- Assists operations management as needed.
- Mechanical/Manufacturing degree and 2+ years experience working within an manufacturing environment producing regulated products (Medical device or orthopedic experience preferred)
- 5+ years experience working within an manufacturing environment producing regulated products (Medical device or orthopedic experience preferred) - if no degree and has completed the first two years (60 semester units) of any engineering curriculum
- Experience in Process Improvement and Product Development
- Strong communication (English written, verbal and presentation skills)
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Visio)
- Experience with any major ERP system
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills
- Work cross functionally with all areas of the business.
- Knowledge of automation desired, but not necessary
- Drafting knowledge per ASME/ANSI Y14.5M, GD&T, but not necessary
The Argen Corporation is a worldwide leader in dental alloys, dental zirconia,digital dentistry and scrap refining services. Argen is the largest dentalalloy manufacturer in the world, offering over 600 precious and non-preciousalloys to more than 100 countries. Argen's innovative digital services providethe most complete digital solutions to dental laboratories of all sizes.
Argen offerscompetitive pay and employee benefits package including health, prescription,vision, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and 401(k) is offered.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Meet Some of Argen Corporation's Employees
Lead Digital Production Technician
As a lead digital production technician, Roy is in charge of digitally transferring customer files from the web to 3D printers, ensuring operations start and production completes on schedule.
Back to top