This position will be responsible for high volumelight manufacturing / production activities offered by the Argen DigitalOutsource Center. The ADOC is a 24hroperation that focuses on delivering high quality products to dental labs usingdigital workflow manufacturing. Ourproduction environment includes many CAD/CAM technologies including SelectiveLaser Melting, 3D Printing, Scanners, and Mills. Digital production also includes many productfinishing processes that are completed by the skilled staff at Argen. Must be willing to work day or night shiftsas requested.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managesoperations in his/her area to ensure the safe and timely completion ofproduction schedules or department work by effectively utilizing people,equipment and material. This includes coordination of Team Leaders (ifapplicable), time and production records, and ensuring that job assignments andwork are set up for employees in the department.
- Ensures that theteam follows SOP's with 100% conformance and high overall quality levels(quality of product or department work) and on-time delivery schedules aremaintained.
- Supervisesemployee activities. This includes: evaluation and discipline; overallperformance management; training and development; analyzing and resolving workproblems; initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve goals;and effective communication with associates.
- Reviewsavailability of parts or materials for department work in the comingweeks. Notifies appropriate departments, as needed, of potentialshortages.
- Maintains safeworking conditions in his/her area. Continually works on safetyawareness with associates.Enforces safety regulations.
- Studiesproduction/department work schedules and estimates employee hour requirementsfor completion of job assignments. Establishes or adjusts workprocedures to meet production/department schedules and goals.
- Continually workson process improvement and department efficiency. This includesrecommendations to improve: production methods, equipment performance, overallwork quality, working conditions, and use of equipment.
- Informs/ directsMaintenance personnel to maintain and repair machinery and equipment asneeded. In conjunction with Maintenance personnel, coordinatesmaintenance activities with department requirements and schedules.
- Activelyparticipates with the entire Operation Team to support and implementinitiatives.
- Assists employeeswith diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Assures theaccurate and timely reporting of various records which may include (dependingon department and plant location): Time Sheets, Production Reports,Rework Reports, Check Sheets, Down Time Date, Employee Job Transfers, etc.
- Communicates withother supervisors or managers as needed to coordinate activities of respectivedepartments or areas.
- Assistin the evaluation, planning, and implementation of lean workflows and leantechniques.
- Develophigh performing work teams and appropriate performance monitoring systems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Fiveyears management experience in a high volume, low automation assembly or light manufacturingenvironment.
- CAD/CAM production environments (preferred)
- Extensiveknowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies and techniques
- Managementexperience for staff levels greater than 20 FTE
- Demonstratedability to develop SOP's and ensure compliance to achieve top tier performancemanagement.
- Proven ability toeffectively lead and direct the work of others, and delegate as needed.
- Advanced usage ofMicrosoft Excel to complete data analysis and generate graphical output formanagement.
- Ability toestablish and maintain a work environment/climate of mutual respect, safetyand cleanliness.
- Ability tosuccessfully complete basic supervision course work and to utilize principlesof the training.
- Good verbalcommunication skills to communicate effectively and productively to all levelsof personnel in the plant.
- Ability to workas a team member toward overall Company objectives.
- Ability tomaintain confidentiality of employee information. This includes, but isnot limited to: performance, illness, investigations and personalinformation.
- Ability to readand interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenanceinstructions, and procedure manuals written in English.
- Basic math skillsto include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units ofmeasure including whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to usetools in a safe and proper manner.
Meet Some of Argen Corporation's Employees
Sr. Manager of Customer Care & Sales Operations
As a senior manager, Josie is constantly seeking to support and facilitate the personal growth of her team as they provide exceptional service and grow Argen’s business.
Back to top