Your future at Argen is bright. Join our team! Building on five decades of exceptional product and service, Argen is now poised for incredible growth in 2016 and beyond.
We are looking for Production Planner to support our marketing department for our worldwide headquarters in Sorrento Valley.
The Production Planner has the responsibility to create, review, amend, and maintain attainable and effective production schedules for assigned products and product families. The production planner is expected to utilize system tools inclusive of material requirements planning and capacity planning to ensure that the supply chain is effective in meeting the needs of our customers while maintaining required delivery and inventory goals. The production planner has a significant impact on customer service and shop floor activity and therefore must be a creative thinker with sound decision making ability that acts with the customer in mind.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute ERP and the timely creation of shop orders to satisfy customer demand, achieve desired stocking levels and maintain flow of work on the factory floor.
- Communicate and coordinate with production supervisors and purchasing team to ensure schedule adherence and recovery if required.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement activities related to production planning, customer service and inventory management.
- Review and maintain QAD data integrity inclusive of routings and bill of material accuracy.
- Manage and maintain inventory levels ensuring uninterrupted supply of parts while maintaining optimal inventory levels, along with ensuring customer reliability and meeting target inventory turns.
- Track progression of production orders, investigate factors that affect schedules, and modify plans as necessary
- Expedite critical orders throughout the supply chain.
- Inform management of potential production problems and assist in the implementation of both short and long term solutions.
- Analyzes forecasted demand to ensure safety stock and strategic inventory levels on finished goods are maintained.
- Perform planning functions required to achieve the timely and successful launch of new products and participate as assigned on new product development teams.
- Performs other related functions as required to achieve department and site objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks along with excellent time management skills and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills to effectively interface with production, customer service, and management.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to conceptualize, define and resolve complex problems.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and facilitation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 + years of experience in production scheduling in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience using QAD, preferred or SAP (forecasting tools and system overall).
- Experience in ERP Planning.
- Experience using analytical spreadsheet tools as well as other MS Office applications.
- Experience working with Microsoft Access and writing queries to analyze data.
To Apply: Please complete our online application under the Career Opportunities page on the Argen website at www.argen.com
The Argen Corporation is a worldwide leader in dental alloys, dental zirconia, digital dentistry and scrap refining services. Argen is the largest dental alloy manufacturer in the world, offering over 600 precious and non-precious alloys to more than 100 countries. Argen’s innovative digital services provide the most complete digital solutions to dental laboratories of all sizes.
Argen offers competitive pay and employee benefits package including health, prescription, vision, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and 401(k) is offered.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Back to top