- San Diego, CA
Production Lead - DPM
2nd Shift - 3:30pm-12:00am
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Production Lead to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. Do you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment? If you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Argen’s products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
The Production Lead assists the Supervisory team by being a point of contact and lead to the Manufacturing Team, ensuring efficient operations in a variety of areas on the production line to ensure high quality dental products. .
In this role, the successful candidate will:
• Ensures production is running efficiently.
• Makes on the spot personnel adjustments to keep production flowing, and communicates all adjustments to the Supervisor.
• Communicates clear instructions to team members.
• Ensures safety guidelines are followed.
• Facilitates team participation.
• Trains, Coaches and motivates team members.
• Acts as liaison between operator and supervisor/manager.
• Directs day-to-day oversight and planning of work for the manufacturing operations.
• Inspects work of operators and keep documentations of productivity
• Executes agreed upon production plans and yields within designated area of production.
• Assists supervisor/manager to plan and schedule resources and equipment.
• Assists supervisor/manager to conduct and document training.
• Ensures completeness and accuracy of manufacturing documents.
• Ensures compliance to all applicable regulations to FDA, ISO, OSHA, etc.
• Interacts with cross-functional departments, such as Quality, Engineering, and R&D, to resolve issues associated with quality, equipment, manufacturing systems, etc.
• Assists in the transition of new products into manufacturing.
• Assists operators by answering questions and demonstrating operations.
• Spot Checks product to ensure quality levels are maintained.
• This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
• Leads hourly personnel on the assigned shift for proper application of company policies and procedures.
• Assists in developing and coaching the team on standard operating procedures and continuous improvement of efficiency ratings.
• Assists in ensuring all employees are up to date on their training documents in our QMS system.
• Assists and checks equipment set-up and inspection for cleanliness and safety prior to shift start and monitors throughout the shift.
• Ensures that all areas and equipment are maintained in Good Housekeeping condition and in compliance with GMP.
• Assists the supervisor by facilitating coaching and consistent oversight and monitoring of hourly employees for safe and compliant production processes.
• Provides the team with oversight and guidance of equipment set-up, monitoring, and process adjustments to optimize product cost, material variances and line efficiencies.
• Monitors manufacturing processes for compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements.
• Ensures proper adherence to and application of required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the area.
• Initiates Maintenance Work Orders (MWO) as necessary and ensures timely completion of repairs and documentation of work performed.
• Escalates to supervisor for review of excessive downtime on Production Equipment for breakdowns and repairs.
• Supports a Culture of Accountability and asks for feedback from employees and supervisors, to further develop skills.
• Encourages employees to bring ideas for improvements to products and processes and conveys these ideas to Management.
• Creates an environment oriented on trust, open communication, creative thinking, and a cohesive and collaborative team effort.
• Coordinates overall Production Operations with other shift team leads and supervisors.
• Works in conjunction with the supervisor to escalate issues, which cannot be resolved by the team.
• Escalates to Management the need for resources and training if necessary for effective and efficient production, working in conjunction with the supervisor.
• Performs visual inspection to meet customer’s specifications.
• Other duties as assigned.
What does it take to be successful?
• Attention to detail with the drive to always go the extra mile for guests and customers.
• Excellent ability to collaborate and work on a team, but also able to work autonomously.
• Outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic, professional, self-motivated and positive.
• Exhibits leadership skills and accountability.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Fast learner with technical aptitude and high attention to detail.
• Multi-tasks effectively and efficiently.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced team environment.
• Must have basic computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
• 1 year of experience in the dental field required, 2 plus years preferred.
• Requires manual dexterity necessary to operate complex machinery.
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
Our Awesome Benefits!
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
• Health/Dental/Vision Plans
• 401k with Employer Match
• Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
• Employee Events
• Wellness Programs
• Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Back to top