Production Database Administrator
Argen is dedicated toimproving people's lives through innovative services and products fordentistry. With a core business as the world's largest manufacturer of preciousmetal dental alloys, Argen has made strategic investments in 3D printing andother technologies, positioning itself as the ultimate provider of digitalsolutions to dental labs of all sizes.
We are looking for Database Administrator to support our operationsdepartment for our facility in Sorrento Valley.
The DatabaseAdministrator has the responsibility to create, review, amend, andmaintain attainable and effective production data in our ERP system. The Database Administrator is expected to utilize strongERP knowledge relating to production to ensure that the production data, billof materials, work instructions and other critical data is up to date andaccurately reflects the needs of multiple production lines and products. The Database Administrator has a direct impact on inventory,order flow and shop floor activity and therefore must be a creative thinkerwith sound decision making ability that acts with the customer in mind.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute ERP updates, as directed, in a timelyfashion with 100% accuracy
- Communicate and coordinate with supervisors and managersin the organization to report status of new products, work instructions andissues relating to the accuracy and integrity of ERP data
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvementactivities related to production planning, customer service and inventorymanagement.
- Review and maintain QAD data integrity inclusive ofroutings and bill of material accuracy.
- Inform management of potential production problemsand assist in the implementation of both short and long term solutions.
- Analyzes ERP data for accuracy, recommend updates
- Create new products as required with new SKUs,bills of materials, work instructions across multiple sites, locations anddatabases
- Performs other related functions as required toachieve department and site objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks along withexcellent time management skills and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skillsto effectively interface with production, customer service, and management.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the abilityto multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to conceptualize, define and resolvecomplex problems.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving andfacilitation skills.
- Minimum 2 years college level studies, preferably Bachelor'sDegree from an accredited institution.
- 3 + years of experience in database administrationin a manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft SQL or other database training and/orcertification.
- Experience using QAD, preferred or SAP (forecastingtools and system overall).
- Experience maintaining ERP manufacturing drivenenvironments.
- Experience and high level skill set usinganalytical spreadsheet tools as well as other MS Office applications.
- Experience working with Microsoft Access andwriting queries to analyze data.
ABOUT ARGEN: The ArgenCorporation is a worldwide leader in dental alloys, dental zirconia, digitaldentistry and scrap refining services. Argen is the largest dental alloymanufacturer in the world, offering over 600 precious and non-precious alloysto more than 100 countries. Argen's innovative digital services provide themost complete digital solutions to dental laboratories of all sizes.
Argen offers competitive pay and employee benefits package including health,prescription, vision, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and 401(k)is offered.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Meet Some of Argen Corporation's Employees
Lead Digital Production Technician
As a lead digital production technician, Roy is in charge of digitally transferring customer files from the web to 3D printers, ensuring operations start and production completes on schedule.
Back to top