- San Diego, CA
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Associate to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. If you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment, and want to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative research and development, continually improving on our current products and developing new solutions for the dental industry. Argen provides our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading customer service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
The Payroll Associate processes manual checks, spot bonuses and special checks, and monitors daily employee timecards. Trained as back-up support for biweekly payroll processing from timecard export to payroll transmission. Works with department supervisors and managers regularly to ensure timely and accurate payroll processing.
In this role, the successful candidate:
- Reviews employees' timecards & communicates to supervisors when there are timecard exceptions.
- Remains up-to-date and adheres to all state and federal regulations for payroll processing.
- Processes and monitors garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications.
- Corresponds with Verification of Employment requestors.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns.
- Maintains and documents all payroll records including scanning manual checks and saving soft copy in the employee file.
- Processes manual checks for terminations, incentives, and spot bonuses.
- Runs and distributes daily overtime reports.
- Prepares and distributes manual checks when necessary.
- Contacts banks and compliance agencies regarding deposit, withdrawal, or tax inquiries and discrepancies.
- Researches and responds to compensation and payroll deduction queries.
- Provides assistance to the finance department in preparing for audits.
- Keeps detailed and organized payroll records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a manufacturing and or warehouse setting preferred.
- Excellent PC and basic math skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong time management skills and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive team player.
- Comfortable working with all levels of employees and department.
- Able to work in a team setting or autonomously depending on the task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities on a day to day basis while maintaining superior customer service.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
- Employee Events
- Wellness Programs
- Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes mobile phone service, technology, airline and hotel, theater/theme park tickets, restaurants and so much more!
Back to top