Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for an Assay Melter to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. Do you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment? If you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
The Assay Melter melts precious and non-precious alloys using proprietary fluxes and other elements to ensure a homogeneous composition.
In this role, the successful candidate will be:
• Verifies and documents weights in multiple units of measures.
• Prepares scrap materials for melt processing in line with the SOP by documenting and confirming weights, adding fluxes, identifying and separating alloys by material type, using handheld spectrometers.
• Performs preventive maintenance on furnaces.
• Maintains consumables inventory
• Updates inventory records within the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
• Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and establish open communication with your supervisor and manager
• Melts metal while following all written work instructions and maintaining accurate records
• Cleans and maintains equipment and work area
• Responsible for visual inspection of inspection of equipment
• Reports any problems or concerns to management
• Follows all safety rules individually and for co-workers
• Other duties as assigned.
What does it take to be successful?
• Minimum HS Diploma or equivalent
• Prefer 2+ years of induction melting experience using furnaces and support equipment while maintaining the integrity of the melt
• 1-3-year clerical or inventory related experience in a manufacturing environment
• Direct industrial production experience, preferably in the medical device field
• Experience working with induction melting furnaces, immersion pyrometers and appropriate PPE equipment.
• Operational familiarity with electronic balances (for weighing) preferred
• Attentiveness to detail and general math skills
• Experience in ERP production software preferred
• Able to understand and follow written work instructions and record required information pertaining to each melt.
• General understanding and experience using shop tools (saws, etc.) and measuring equipment (micrometers)
• Able to read, write and speak English
• Must be available to work any shift, 1st or 2nd
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
Our Awesome Benefits!
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
• Health/Dental/Vision Plans
• 401k with Employer Match
• Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
• Employee Events
• Wellness Programs
• Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled VEVRAA Federal Contractor