- San Diego, CA
Manufacturing Technician - Zirconia - 2nd Shift
Argen Corporation currently has an immediate open position for a Manufacturing Technician to join our growing team. Do you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment? If you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Argen’s products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
The Manufacturing Technician will run and maintain factory equipment and assembly processes, monitor and check the product quality and document results according to Standard Operating Procedures.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Prepare and/or assemble components and materials in line with the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Operate machinery and equipment as required to produce products as directed and according to production requirements.
- Clean and maintain equipment and machinery, mixing containers, holding tanks and utensils as per the operations manuals and department procedures.
- Assist in Zirconia disc manufacturing by adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and specific work instructions. This involves but is not limited to: hydraulic press, vacuum bagging, isostatic press, washing, zirconia disc milling, measuring SF and label printing.
- Operate the de-binding oven and monitor the process closely according to relevant SOPs and work instructions.
- Monitor assigned processes throughout the day and ensure product meets established standards.
- Prepare data on computers associated with individual machinery as required.
- Assist with internal quality initiatives regarding production efficiencies, scrap and overall cost reduction.
- Documenting and recording actions by completing forms, reports, logs. Prepare finished units for labeling and shipping.
- Participate in problem solving opportunities (root cause analysis) with cross departmental team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What does it take to be successful?
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and Outlook experience required.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Quality conscious and excellent organization skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with diagnostic and statistical tools and machine maintenance.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Our Awesome Benefits!
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
- Health, Dental and Vision Plan
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
- Employee Events
- Wellness Programs
- Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Back to top