Manufacturing Supervisor I
- San Diego, CA
Manufacturing Supervisor I - 2nd Shift
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Supervisor I to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. Do you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment? If you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
The Manufacturing Supervisor I supervises operations and production to ensure the safe, timely, and quality completion of all production work by effectively utilizing people, equipment and materials.
In this role, the successful candidate:
- Supervises the department's day to day operations.
- Ensures that employees follow department work instructions and adhere to customer and industry standards for dental product.
- Supervises employee activities including evaluation and overall performance management, training and development, initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve goals, and effective communication with associates.
- Understands the product manufacturing process from initial steps through final inspection.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and goals.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve production methods, equipment performance, overall work quality, working conditions, and use of equipment.
- Coordinates time and production records and ensures that job assignments are clearly communicated to employees in the department.
- Coordinates maintenance activities with department requirements and schedules.
- Assists employees with diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment and alerts maintenance and management of problems with equipment.
- Assures the accurate and timely reporting of various records which may including time sheets, production reports, rework reports, check sheets, employee job transfers, etc.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Maintains safe working conditions in assigned area by continually working on safety awareness with associates and enforcing safety regulations.
- Develops high performing work teams and appropriate performance monitoring systems.
- Motivates and coaches employees by assessing employee performance and providing helpful feedback and training opportunities.
- Delegates tasks and manages progress to ensure successful completion of department objectives.
- Creates and reinforces a culture of teamwork and actively resolves conflicts within the team.
- Manages proactively by holding regular 1on1s and team meetings to ensure open lines of communication and professional development for direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School (HS) diploma required.
- One plus years of supervisory experience in a high-volume, low automation assembly or light manufacturing environment.
- One plus years of people management experience preferably supervising teams of 10+ employees.
- Manufacturing certification or related training preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience with an ERP computer program is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Problem solving capabilities
- Passionate about industry and desire to contribute where needed.
- Schedule adherence and dependability.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and meet production goals.
- Ability to follow detailed directions in a manufacturing Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment is required.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Plans
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
- Employee Events
- Wellness Programs
- Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
Back to top