IT Systems Administrator
Argenis dedicated to improving people's lives through innovative services andproducts for dentistry. With a core business as the world's largestmanufacturer of precious metal dental alloys, Argen has made strategicinvestments in 3D printing and other technologies, positioning itself as theultimate provider of digital solutions to dental labs of all sizes.
Our company is seeking acapable, motivated System Administrator to assist our growing infrastructure.This position's primary responsibility will be to provision, configure,maintain, and monitor our servers, server applications, advanced serverfunctions, hypervisors, storage, backups, and related infrastructure.
The Systems Administrator'sexpertise in these areas will be focused on bringing older systems current,maintaining existing systems, implementing new systems as needed, and securingthese systems using industry best practices and the latest research. Asecondary function is providing support for the Help Desk staff, includingresolving tickets that fall under your expertise, and assisting where needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead ongoing performance tuning, hardwareupgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Lead daily system monitoring, verifying theintegrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes,reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduledjobs such as backups
- Apply OS and application patches and upgrades ona regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities
- Propose and implement system enhancements thatwill improve the performance and reliability of the system and support thegrowth of the company and its infrastructure
- Document and maintain IT processes, procedures,and system diagrams
- Execute tasks using industry best practices inan effort to improve Argen's IT infrastructure and overall facility
- Document time spent for each support issue inthe company Help Desk
- Provide Level II support for Help Desk SupportTechnicians, working with them to ensure best security practices
- Open and manage trouble tickets with 3rd partysupport vendors as appropriate
- Advanced knowledge of Windows servers, includingActive Directory, Active Directory Federation Services, Group PolicyManagement, Windows Server Update Services, Windows Deployment Services, RemoteDesktop Services, Distributed File System, Remote Access Services, InternetInformation Services, and Hyper-V
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft desktop operatingsystems
- Advanced understanding of protocols such as DNS,DHCP, TCP/IP, WPA2, SSL / TLS
- Experience administrating Microsoft ExchangeServer 2010 or higher
- Experience administrating virtual environments,such as Hyper-V, VMWare; Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization preferred.
- Experience with CentOS or Red Hat EnterpriseLinux preferred.
- 4 or more years of previous SystemAdministration or related IT/IS experience in a medium-sized businessenvironment.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology orequivalent work experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)preferred
- Must be extremely dependable; able to succeedunder pressure situations
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and writtencommunications skills
- Professional demeanor
- Must be able to lift computer equipment (up to20 pounds)
- Travel required between offices in San Diego
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Meet Some of Argen Corporation's Employees
Sr. Manager of Customer Care & Sales Operations
As a senior manager, Josie is constantly seeking to support and facilitate the personal growth of her team as they provide exceptional service and grow Argen’s business.
Back to top