Facilities Technician II
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Technician II to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. Do you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment? If you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
In this role, the successful candidate will be:
• Under direct supervision, the scope of this position is responsible for Facilities and maintenance items, general repairs and troubleshooting.
• Performs all jobs in a safe and responsible manner, following all SOP's and safety requirements.
• Conducts general maintenance and repair on all areas of the facility; including, but not limited to: flooring, wall patch, painting, plumbing, lighting, ceiling, tile, door, windows, forklift duties, clean up as directed, etc.
• Conducts general maintenance and repair on all areas of the production; including, but not limited to: dental 3D/laser/model printer, dental mill, vacuum, sandblaster, furnace, oven, mixer, press, roller, shaker, clean up as directed, etc.
• Provides preventative maintenance on plant equipment and line equipment.
• Troubleshoots and repairs on plant equipment and line equipment.
• Organizes and directs small projects and minor buildouts not requiring the services of a general contractor.
• Repairs small to medium equipment and systems.
• Installs small equipment and systems.
• Assists with HVAC maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Conducts electrical installations and wiring.
• Conducts plumbing installations and piping.
• Assists other Facilities Technicians.
• On-site escort of contractors and vendors.
• On-call responder for alarm calls, 24/7 coverage.
• Knowledgeable of federal and state regulations as it relates to Building and maintenance codes and safety.
• Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and practices.
• Other duties as assigned.
What does it take to be successful?
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Two to four years' maintenance experience preferably in medical or health related environment.
• Basic writing and communication skills.
• Computer literate.
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
• General carpentry, electrical, plumbing and flooring skills.
Our Awesome Benefits!
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
• Health/Dental/Vision Plans
• 401k with Employer Match
• Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
• Employee Events
• Wellness Programs
• Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets,
• Restaurants and so much more!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Facilities Technician II