Director of Supply Chain
- San Diego, CA
Director of Supply Chain
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Supply Chain to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. Do you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment? If you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
As the Director of Supply Chain, you will lead the Supply Chain team in the execution of the strategic vision for planning, sourcing, purchasing, logistics, shipping & receiving, warehousing, and inventory management for a rapidly growing medical device manufacturer. You will develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of Argen's supply chain and inventory controls.
In this role, the successful candidate:
- Defines and implements strategies for Argen's supply chain to reduce costs, mitigate risk, improve quality, shorten lead times, and manage inventories.
- Identifies gaps and develops solutions to meet the rapidly changing demands of the organization.
- Interfaces with Sales and Marketing Team to manage the short, medium, and long-term sales forecasts.
- Identifies key commodity suppliers and implements plans to mitigate risk to material supplies.
- Develops and implements processes and systems to increase precious metal inventory recovery.
- Oversees warehousing of supplies and the flow of goods and materials to production.
- Negotiates key supplier agreements and purchase contracts to decrease long term issues in the supply chain.
- Develops and manages department budgeting with a focus on delivered costs, product quality, and continual cost management.
- Collaborates with other department heads to forecast and adjust manufacturing schedules.
- Establishes and achieves inventory targets for raw materials and finished goods balancing the needs of supply continuity, inventory turns and Excess & Obsolescence (E&O).
- Manages processes to sell used equipment and accessories as new technology is implemented into the business and old technology is no longer needed.
- Establishes and executes regular Sales and Operations Plans to meet the demands for commercial distribution and internal requirements for training, testing and R&D.
- Collaborates with the Manufacturing team to improve yield related to raw materials.
- Supports new product lines through sourcing, should-cost analysis and ensuring readiness of suppliers for capacity/scale.
- Manages relationship with third party logistics and related service providers for logistics including delivery of products to customers globally.
- Establishes and implements processes to manage raw materials and finished goods globally including cycle counts and inventory accuracy.
- Builds, coaches and manage a high-performance team with a culture of continuous improvement.
- Motivates and coaches employees by assessing employee performance and providing helpful feedback and training opportunities.
- Delegates tasks and manages progress to ensure successful completion of department objectives.
- Creates and reinforces a culture of teamwork and actively resolves conflicts within the team.
- Manages proactively by holding regular 1:1's and team meetings to ensure open lines of communication and professional development for direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree with a MS or MBA preferred. Advanced certifications in Lean or Six Sigma are a plus.
- 10-15 years' progressive experience in supply chain, logistics and materials management roles.
- 7-10 years of direct management experience in the medical device industry or a similar regulated environment.
- Extensive ERP and Supply Chain systems experience.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with customers and internal employees.
- Professional work ethic, high capacity, strong analytical and organizational skills, and ability to operate independently.
- Self-awareness and willingness to accept positive and critical feedback.
- Translates learning into action.
- Drives oneself and others to success and proactively coaches team to achieve goals.
- Focused on creating and sustaining an effective team.
- Ability to train, mentor and coach others effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Leads a team to successful completion of projects and processes.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Meets deadlines and priorities, communicating updates and team accomplishment regularly.
- Maintains accountability to daily, weekly and long-term tasks.
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Plans
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
- Employee Events
- Wellness Programs
- Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
Back to top