Corporate Security Officer I
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Security Officer I to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. Do you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment? If you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
In this role, the successful candidate will be:
• Protects and safeguards security of assets, team members, vendors and all visitors.
• Assigned to various entryways, and secured areas throughout the corporation.
• Screens visitors, vendors and guests before assigning appropriate access to the building.
• Issues security badges to team members, contractors and visitors ensuring that all security procedures are met.
• Facilitates the process of controlling building keys issued for secure, controlled areas.
• Investigates, reports and documents incidents affecting security, loss/theft and safety.
• Responds to medical emergencies and serious incidents, as needed.
• Monitors company CCTV systems to ensure that appropriate security clearances are maintained.
• Operates burglar and fire alarm systems, as required.
• Performs both interior and exterior property foot patrols.
• Keeps current with updated security procedures and policies.
• Ensures the timely and accurate completion of product transfer paperwork, and completes audit counts of site product transfers.
• Assists, as assigned, with controlling incoming and outgoing mail and packages working with internal departments and with shipping vendors.
• Other duties as assigned
What does it take to be successful?
• Minimum HS Diploma or equivalent.
• Must have minimum of one year of security guard experience: Military, law enforcement or private sector.
• Dependable and reliable.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal. Must be able to speak to employees, visitors and vendors in a professional manner, face to face and in email.
• Flexible and willing to learn new procedures.
• Must be flexible and willing to work scheduled or last-minute overtime as needed.
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
Our Awesome Benefits!
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
401k with Employer Match
Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Corporate Security Officer I