- San Diego, CA
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Controller to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. Do you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment? If you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
The Controller will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits. Manages the accounts payable function, payroll function, monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements. Reports to and works closely with the Vice President of Finance and others in the organization in analysis, reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
In this role, the successful candidate:
- Manages the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation.
- Participates in the ongoing development and establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Prepares monthly management financial statements, quarterly financial statements and other covenant calculations to be provided to banks, and annual audited financial statements
- Focuses on improving system efficiencies and business practices.
- Participates in strategic financial projects including upgrades or implementation of ERP software.
- Ensures compliance with internal control policies in an FDA/ISO environment
- Collaborates with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual reports.
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in chart of accounts.
- Responsible for accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions.
- Analyzes the effects of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Recommends as needed, changes to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
- Prepares detailed journal entries and account analyses.
- Assists with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns.
- Works with Audit, Tax and Treasury personnel to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities through the annual report.
- Prepares summary feedback of financial statement variances to budget.
- Actively reviews and advises on financial and accounting processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent process improvement skills and experience
- 10-12 years of experience in accounting or finance
- Solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results.
- Self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- CPA preferred
- Highly accurate
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure
- High level of attention to detail
- Very skilled in planning and organizing
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written communication
- Ability to handle conflict, confrontations, in a positive manner
- Team player, establishing effective working relationships among team members, and participates in solving problems and making decisions.
- Proven leadership skills, making decisions based off of perceptive and analytical processes, practicing good judgment, and the ability to act decisively.
- Ability to collaborate with all departments and levels of employees
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
- Familiarity working with computers.
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Vision Plans
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
- Employee Events
- Wellness Programs
- Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
Back to top