Control System Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Control System Engineer
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Control System Engineer to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. Do you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment? If you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career opportunities and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management System to provide our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
In this role, the successful candidate will be:
• Provides expertise in engineering, design, installation and start-up for moderate to complex high-speed automated equipment. Actively assists equipment and process improvement activities for existing equipment, as well as preparation of specification, planning, designing, programming, testing, installation and GMP validation of new or upgraded equipment.
• Performs automation, instrumentation and controls engineering services for existing and new equipment installed within Argen Corporation.
• Designs, installs, tests and qualifies equipment.
• Improves productivity and quality through new equipment testing, existing equipment upgrades, capacity expansions, equipment replacement as well troubleshooting existing issues.
• Reviews and develops manufacturing documents, design specifications, and drawings.
• Develops and executes test plans, and controls related validation protocols.
• Writes reports to ensure equipment/processes meet part/assembly specifications and regulatory requirements.
• Reviews and approves vendor provided document package including but not limited to drawings, manuals and validation protocols as they relate to equipment controls systems.
• Performs PLC /HMI/PC/vision code development, review and approval. Recommends and/or implements improvements to enhance performance and reliability.
• Actively assists manufacturing operations in problem solving with the automated systems.
• Works closely with Engineering, R&D, Facilities and Quality in supporting the validation of process and facility automation.
• Investigates and troubleshoots manufacturing equipment issues.
• Other duties as assigned
What does it take to be successful?
- BS degree or equivalent in engineering or related field required.
- Five plus years of related experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in writing new code or modifying existing PLC/HMI/PC/Vision software to enhance or expand functionality and reliability.
- Experience with PLC/HMI software application development and testing.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs and Cognex vision products is preferred.
- Working knowledge of different types servos systems, sensors and devices.
- Working knowledge of equipment validation (URS, FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ & PQ).
- Working knowledge of standard machine shop equipment and processes.
- Electrical and control system design - preferably experience with AutoCad Electrical.
- Industrial Networks Knowledge - Profinet and/or Ethernet/IP.
- Hardware specification, procurement and Hardware configuration.
- Reading and preparing technical documentation.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
• CAD (SolidWorks) knowledge and experience.
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
Our Awesome Benefits!
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing benefit package that includes:
• Health/Dental/Vision Plans
• 401k with Employer Match
• Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
• Employee Events
• Wellness Programs
• Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets, Restaurants and so much more!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Back to top