Chief Financial Officer
- San Diego, CA
Chief Financial Officer
Argen Corporation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Financial Officer to join a growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team with an unwavering commitment to quality dental solutions. If you are an accomplished financial professional who is well-versed in all aspects of financial management, that can be a part of the executive management team and also connect with other cross functional teams to work synergistically across the organization, then explore our career opportunity and get to know Argen.
Argen is a family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic, technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative research and development, continually improving on our current products and developing new solutions for the dental industry. Argen provides our global customers with affordable, high-performance products and industry-leading customer service. Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.
About the Opportunity
As the Chief Financial Officer, you will own all aspects of planning the organization's financial strategy, EBITDA, balance sheet management, cash flow, including financial planning and analysis. In addition you will be responsible for tracking financial goals, objectives and budgets, overseeing the Finance and Accounting teams, and process engineering for business scalability. The goal of the Chief Financial Officer is to protect the company's revenues and profits, and to achieve financial control and sustainable growth.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
• Provides leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting teams.
• Supplies timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Executive Team in making organizational decisions and performing their responsibilities.
• Oversees the company's fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting and auditing.
• Participates as a strategic partner in the development of Argen's goals and programs.
• Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning and the introduction of new strategies and regulatory actions.
• Develops and enhances systems to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
• Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the Executive Team as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
• Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to individuals within the financial discipline and other departments.
• Continually improves the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
• Contributes strategic financial input and leadership on issues affecting the organization including evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
• Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
• Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
• Advises on organization contracts from the financial perspective.
• Evaluates the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth.
• Other duties as assigned.
What does it take to be successful?
• Bachelor's degree required and 10 to 15 years of related experience.
• Experience in a senior management position.
• Experience with corporate governance.
• Proven negotiation skills.
• Experience with FP&A, credit and public accounting.
• Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
• Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3 preferred.
Working for a growing innovative company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and learning, career development and advancement from only the best in the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides the following benefit package:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• 401k with Employer Match
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• Employee Events
• Wellness Programs
• Discounts for home, travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes mobile phone service, technology, airline and hotel, theater/theme park tickets, restaurants and so much more!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Back to top