3D Printer Maintenance Technician
The Argen Corporation, located in San Diego, is the world leader in the manufacturing of precious metal dental alloys and also provides digital manufacturing services to Dental Labs throughout North America. The company utilizes additive manufacturing technologies (3D printing, Selective Laser Melting) and CNC milling operations to produce dental restorations as well as jewelry components.
This individual will provide technical and operational support of 3D printing equipment and systems. This includes
- Ensure optimum operational performance for systems installed at customers site
- Be responsible for installation, relocation, repair and preventative maintenance
- Optimize system performance to minimize equipment downtime and ensure maximum overall customer satisfaction
- Be dispatched and directed by their supervisor with a primary function of repairing customer's equipment
- Skills in organization, problem solving, and customer relations
- Basic interpersonal and communication skills in the business environment and a commitment to professionally represent company with its customers
- Ability to speak effectively before internal customers and vendors
- Solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Working effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, wiring diagrams, flowcharts, and procedure manuals
- Writing routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
Education & Training Requirements:
AA degree, two-year diploma from a technical school or military rating such as Naval ET, FC or FT required
- 3-5 years of related electrical, mechanical &/or technical experience
Knowledge, Skill & Ability Requirements:
- Solid knowledge of remote support tools, TCP/IP protocol, computer science, oral and written communications.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office and diagnostic troubleshooting skills necessary.
- Past customer support/service a must; field repair experience is a benefit.
- Basic networking skills are a positive.
- Proficient in troubleshooting, configuration, installation and repair of electronic systems and computers, as well as a solid mechanical aptitude
- Windows experience mandatory
- Solid knowledge of electro/mechanical device repair with attention to detail
- Requires skills in organization, problem solving, and customer relations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines with multiple interruptions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Do the following on a frequent basis: climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, sit and talk. Tasks can include using equipment, which requires working with electrical hazards, high-power lasers and photo-polymer resins, which, if handled incorrectly, can cause health hazards/injuries. Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; Additional tasks may be assigned at the discretion of management.
The Argen Corporation is a worldwide leader in dental alloys, dental zirconia, digital dentistry and scrap refining services. Argen is the largest dental alloy manufacturer in the world, offering over 600 precious and non-precious alloys to more than 100 countries. Argen’s innovative digital services provide the most complete digital solutions to dental laboratories of all sizes.
Argen offers competitive pay and employee benefits package including health, prescription, vision, dental, life, long-term disability insurance and 401(k) is offered.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Back to top