Software Engineer, Machine Learning
- Work very closely with the engineers who build the core of the Area 1 solution to enhance and build new features
- Mine data using state-of-the-art methods
- Work with large scale data systems in both online/streaming and offline/batch fashions.
- Work with our product team to assist them with the implementation of data driven solutions
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience working with big data and cloud services (Amazon, Google)
- Strong background working with machine learning methods and experience in implementing and extending ML algorithms independently
- Experience developing data infrastructure and tools and familiarity with current large-scale data processing technologies
- Strong software engineering skills and substantial expertise in one of Python, R, C/C++ or Java
- Flexible prototyping skills to quickly create working ML solutions.
- Advanced ability to design and implement scalable software systems in Java, Scala or Python.
- Significant experience in networking, security, cryptography, malware analysis, data analysis, high-reliability clusters, statistics.
- Recent development or architectural leadership experience with large-scale data systems, streaming analytics, Hadoop and/or Spark/
- Experience with continuous delivery environments and agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies.
- Actively participated in one or more Kaggle competitions
Meet Some of Area 1 Security's Employees
Javier’s main goal is to help the Security Team evolve and get data into the product so that customers can see how to protect themselves from getting hacked.
Back to top