Senior User Interface Engineer
Our team builds new technologies that protect millions of people from cyber-attacks. We aspire and succeed to reach far beyond today’s security market.
We are seeking a Senior User Interface Engineer to design and build tools that will shape our unique security web product. The successful applicant will have at least some experience working on client-facing products for the web, and be demonstrably adept at taking initiative and working quickly with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. The position involves taking specifications from design and product teams and contributing to those specifications. The applicant will be expected to have had good exposure to both user design and user experience principles, and be able to work well with these other teams. As a senior user interface engineer, your experience and thinking will inform how our product grows.
We are walking down a road never traveled — it makes all the difference. We only hire the best.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to implement client-facing products on a website (PC/Mac).
- Must be highly skilled in implementing CSS across platforms, including features such as transitions.
- The applicant must be able to structure their code well to be understood and used by others.
- You must also be able to write performant code and be able to minimize delivered errors.
- Own the architectural strategy and develop core front-end components of a fast, scalable, complex web application.
- Be a skilled programmer and also have a passion for the way the pixels look on the page.
- Be an experienced professional building amazing things that speak for themselves.
- Build client-side applications that perform well and drive our users' decision making.
- Collaborate with our team to develop new ways to present and interact with our insights.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain our user-facing applications.
- Be passionate about creating extraordinary web experiences by writing beautiful code.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience.
- Deep understanding of client-side application performance.
- An attention to detail and a passion for creating useful things.
- Capacity to think outside of boxes — even boxes with rounded corners.
- Must have strong debugging abilities across all major browsers.
- Knowledge and experience with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with React and D3.
Area 1 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top