Senior Threat Researcher
Our team builds new technologies that protect millions of people from cyber-attacks. We aspire and succeed to reach far beyond today’s security market.
We are seeking a highly-trained and talented senior security researcher to identify, track, and defeat sophisticated targeted cyber attackers.
As a senior security researcher, your experience, thinking, and action will be the key to our success. You will identify Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) and analyze targeted cyber attacks in the world. You will collaborate with our team to develop new ways to present and interact with our insights. You will stop the adversary.
No textbook will prepare you for this. We only hire the best. Please inquire.
- 5+ years experience in Computer Network Operations, Intrusion Analysis, Incident Response, Technical Intelligence gathering and analysis
- Experience tracking and analyzing cyber campaigns utilizing technical indicators such as Domains, IP Addresses, Emails (Subjects, From, To, etc)
- Ability to synthesize technical information and document it in a non-technical manner including through graphical and verbal depictions
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with Snort, Suricata, Yara
- Experience with WireShark
- Experience with DNS, IPv4, IPv6
- BS in Computer Science
- Identify new threat TTP and signatures used by cyber threat actors
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of computer network exploitation and attack tools and tradecraft, threats and vulnerabilities, and respective countermeasures
- Develop and refine signatures in multiple formats (Yara, IOC, Snort, and custom signature formats)
- This is a pipeline position. We're looking to build a solid list of interested candidates over a 3-12 month window for hiring.
Area 1 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top