Senior Threat Researcher
- 5+ years experience in Computer Network Operations, Intrusion Analysis, Incident Response, Technical Intelligence gathering and analysis
- Experience tracking and analyzing cyber campaigns utilizing technical indicators such as Domains, IP Addresses, Emails (Subjects, From, To, etc)
- Ability to synthesize technical information and document it in a non-technical manner including through graphical and verbal depictions
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with Snort, Suricata, Yara
- Experience with WireShark
- Experience with DNS, IPv4, IPv6
- BS in Computer Science
- Identify new threat TTP and signatures used by cyber threat actors
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of computer network exploitation and attack tools and tradecraft, threats and vulnerabilities, and respective countermeasures
- Develop and refine signatures in multiple formats (Yara, IOC, Snort, and custom signature formats)
- This is a pipeline position. We're looking to build a solid list of interested candidates over a 3-12 month window for hiring.
Meet Some of Area 1 Security's Employees
Javier’s main goal is to help the Security Team evolve and get data into the product so that customers can see how to protect themselves from getting hacked.
Back to top