Senior Networking Software Engineer
Our team works to create the most advanced next-generation technologies that change how millions of users are protected from malicious attacks across the world wide web. Our ambitions reach far beyond what is currently available in the security market today.
We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. We focus on being a collaborative team, with the highest levels of technical depth, programming skills and a keen eye for quality. As a key member of a small and versatile team, you design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions. We are looking for an individual contributor and with leadership skills with the potential for growth. Being passionate and self driven is key to being successful in this role.
There are no textbooks that can help you learn this, which is why we hire the best and brightest.
- Deliver new features to the product on a continuous basis using C, Python, Java and other technologies.
- Innovate on challenging solutions for networking and security aspects for the company’s distinctive solutions.
- Develop pioneering options to vary the solutions for cloud and and on-premise devices.
- Work closely with security engineers to design and develop innovative solutions for high performing, reliable and serviceable features.
- Design, develop, test and maintain networking components of the product.
- Ability to apply advanced networking principles, theories and concepts.
- Document and Support Customers for the products developed.
- 6-8 years minimum experience as a Networking Engineer
- Solid understanding of UDP, TCP/IP networking, including expertise in Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking protocols
- Demonstrated skill in overall end-to-end network design.
- Expertise in C programming and optimization techniques
- Experience creating embedded networking software for switching and routing, linux network device drivers and integration with firewalls, web proxies. CPU data path in Linux and Virtual networking domains
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience (MS or PhD in Computer Science preferred)
- Strong understanding of multithreaded concepts and patterns
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot complex interactions and distributed systems.
- Experience with RESTful API interfaces, Java, Python, and databases
- Rudimentary familiarity with solutions and product lines offered by networking top-tier manufacturers Security Experience
Area 1 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top