Senior Software Engineer
Join a team of talented Software Engineers, Security Researchers and Data Scientists in building large-scale data analytic systems to stop phishing attacks before a victim is made aware.
We are a team first, and a company second. We are proud of the things we make, and we demand excellence in ourselves and each other. The problems we’re solving are hard; but we’ll only solve them if we greet each other in the morning, laugh together during the day, and say “good night” when we leave the office, so we do.
No text book will prepare you for this job. We only hire the best. That’s probably you.
- Create the product’s subsystems and key components by applying up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering to define, design and create world-class implementations.
- Collaborate with other senior engineers to improve the overall system at the architectural, design, and implementation levels.
- Design and implement forward-looking portions of the system to execute a long-term product vision.
- Work with large scale data systems in both online/streaming and offline/batch fashions.
- Design and implement revisions to areas of the system to enhance key features such as performance, reliability, scalability, or add new functionality.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience designing and implementing software systems.
- Skilled software engineers who enjoy security work (systems security, applications security, network security, cryptography, or automated malware analysis).
- Software development experts who specialize in big data analysis and the design and construction of large-scale multi-tier systems using open-source technologies.
- Advanced ability to design and implement software systems in Java, Scala or Python.
- Significant experience in security, cryptography, malware analysis, data analysis, high-reliability clusters, statistics.
- Recent development or architectural leadership experience with large-scale data systems, streaming analytics, Hadoop and/or Spark is a plus.
- Detailed understanding of object-oriented design practices.
- Experience with continuous delivery environments and agile methodologies is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies desirable.
Area 1 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top