Director or Senior Marketing Manager
Our team builds advanced technology that protect millions of people from malicious attacks on the World Wide Web. We analyze hundreds of millions of events each day to identify and stop targeted attacks against some of the largest organizations on the planet. We aspire and succeed to reach far beyond today’s security market.
We are a team first, and a company second. We are proud of the things we make, and we demand excellence in ourselves and each other. The problems we’re solving are hard; but we’ll only solve them if we greet each other in the morning, laugh together during the day, and say “good night” when we leave the office, so we do.
No text book will prepare you for this job. We only hire the best. That’s probably you. Please inquire.
We are looking for a seasoned marketing professional who is capable of excelling in a fast paced environment to join Area 1 Security. It will be your mission to successfully create and execute on GTM plans, launch plans and evangelize and position our products for multiple audiences – customers, partners, analysts and press. You will spend time engaging with product management, sales, executives and customers to develop a command of our target audience, key pain points they are experiencing, our unique value proposition and the competitive landscape. You will use this knowledge to develop compelling messaging, marketing programs, demand gen activities, product literature, presentations, videos, and sales training. This position will report to the Vice President - Products and Marketing.
- Drive all A1S launch and post-launch activities, including but not limited to messaging, positioning, GTM plans, press engagements, demand gen programs, events etc.
- Create and execute an effective communications strategy, aligned with A1S’ overall GTM plans and key industry stakeholders and audiences.
- Communicate marketing plans and GTM strategies to internal and external teams on a regular basis and set resources appropriately (e.g. marketing strategies, target markets, budget and headcount).
- Monitor the development of marketing plans, assesses market penetration, and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share.
- Translate broad concepts and business strategies into structured product marketing plans.
- Communicate key new product developments, product strategy, product messaging/positioning, and competitive differentiation to various audiences (press, partners, analysts, sales and marketing teams, key customers, etc) and present at important industry events.
- Track competitive activity and report significant events and trends to the product teams.
- Create specifically targeted competitive sales materials and promotional strategies.
- Develop, maintain, expand marketing materials for advanced endpoint protection
- Write content including blog posts, articles, solution briefs, and slide decks
- Conduct market analysis through regular customer and partner surveys
- Develop regular customer success stories using a series of creative formats including video, infographics, and blogs.
- Develop and maintain sales tools to support the sales cycle.
Required Skills / Experience:
- 4-6 years in security, web security, enterprise software, and/or adjacent security markets REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated experience in creating unique messages, launching products and creating and executing on strong GTM plans.
- 8+ years’ experience in marketing &amp; product marketing; including go to market planning, channel and sales enablement and campaign strategy.
- Mix of working in enterprise and consumer markets is a plus.
- Technical degree/experience along with an MBA is a plus.
- Strong communication skills: writing, verbal, presentations.
- Experience working with senior management/executives and key external stakeholders (CXOs, Press, Analysts etc.).
- Comfortable in working through, setting and monitoring marketing budgets aligned with key success metrics (MQLs, SQLs, Conversions etc.).
- Demonstrated success in working with cross functional teams and analytical/decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing marketing content (written collateral, videos, infographics, etc.)
- Strong ability to multitask with proven track record of execution on initiatives/programs
- Willingness to travel; as required.
Area 1 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top