Senior DevOps Engineer
Area 1 Security builds advanced technology that protect millions of people from malicious attacks on the World Wide Web. We analyze hundreds of millions of events each day to identify and stop targeted attacks against some of the largest organizations on the planet.
Our team is building a complete platform for running our global operations with a strong focus on Infrastructure-as-Code. As a DevOps Engineer you will focus on infrastructure automation, continuous integration and deployment, and building out a fleet of cloud-based monitoring and response tools. We are focused on building a rock-solid infrastructure that adapts quickly, enables our teams, and strengthens our underlying engineering focus.
We’re team first and building a well-rounded group that owns our solutions irrespective of tooling: what matters most is a passion for code and an enthusiasm for ops. We hire the best (you!) and rely on our strengths to carry us forward.
- Work with the Lead DevOps Engineer on projects you own to implement the tools needed to deliver a SaaS product at scale
- Contribute to IaC, build cloud infrastructure on top of AWS/GCP in python/ruby/golang
- Write chef cookbooks using best-practices to create clean, maintainable, tested code
- Write python and/or ruby code to deploy infrastructure
- Tackle challenges together
- ReBuild monitoring and response solutions so computers do the late-night work for you
- Understand databases – SQL and NoSQL
- Understand RESTful web services, HTTP, and common webserver configuration
- Good knowledge of Linux, networking
- Able to write clean, clear and modular code
- Knowledge of AWS or GCP desired. Both a plus
- BS or MS in an Engineering field or related experience
- Exposure to Infrastructure Automation (Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Salt - Chef preferred)
- Very good knowledge of Linux
Area 1 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Back to top