Area 1 Security builds advanced technology that protect millions of people from malicious attacks on the World Wide Web. We analyze hundreds of millions of events each day to identify and stop targeted attacks against some of the largest organizations on the planet.
Our team is building a complete platform for running our global operations with a strong focus on Infrastructure-as-Code. As a DevOps Engineer you will focus on infrastructure automation, continuous integration and deployment, and building out a fleet of cloud-based monitoring and response tools. We are focused on building a rock-solid infrastructure that adapts quickly, enables our teams, and strengthens our underlying engineering focus. We’re team first and building a well-rounded group that owns our solutions irrespective of tooling: grow with us.
You are eager to grow and learn rapidly from direct mentoring of senior engineers. For this position we prioritize good code and enthusiasm; we expect you to learn along the way and look forward to teaching you.
- Work directly with the Lead DevOps Engineer to implement the tools needed to deliver a SaaS product at scale
- Build out cloud infrastructure on top of AWS and GCP
- Develop chef scripts for system components
- Tackle challenges together
- Implement monitoring tools for key infrastructure components
- Able to write clean, clear and modular code
- Understand RESTful web services, basics of HTTP, basic networking
- Can write simple SQL queries and joins
- Familiarity with cloud and PaaS concepts
- BS in Engineering or related
- Experience automating a complicated process
- Good knowledge of Linux, familiar with working inside of a shell prompt
Area 1 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.