Warehouse Operations Manager - Chicago, IL
- Chicago, IL
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as aBest Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Warehouse Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the commissary by effectively managing Warehouse Supervisors, Leads, Drivers and Warehouse Workers, and interfacing with Amtrak personnel. As a senior leader in the operations function, Warehouse Manager implements and drives strategies to achieve Company and client Amtrak objectives
- Responsible for managing Warehouse Supervisors and staff to ensure operational excellence accordance with all established business process compliance SOPs. Ensures daily operations are maintained as scheduled.
- Assists AGM with problem solving, the evaluation of the effectiveness and recommends alternatives for work methods, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement and processing of product; manage to ensure warehouse layout is optimally aligned for maximum efficiency.
- Coaches, trains and develops Warehouse Supervisors to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of performance.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and counseling of staff to provide ongoing support and development. Leverages leadership skills to set goals for front line teams and provides regular performance feedback utilizing all management resources available to include work-with observations.
- Manage hourly employees to ensure compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreement, Disciplinary Guidelines/Work Rules and Attendance Policy.
- Models, leads and inspires safety leadership culture and recognition, and all key initiatives relating to our core values, to create a positive Commissary work environment. Ensures 100% implementation of Aramark Safety Programs, State and Federal Regulations.
- Troubleshoots and resolves safety, service and other operational problems in collaboration with warehouse and administrative functions.
- Ensures daily operations are maintained as scheduled. Ensure all business records, documentation and administrative standards are maintained as required to include personnel records, train deliveries, product and asset inventories, DOT requirements. Directly responsible for labor management of their team to include schedule adherence (Kronos), overtime management and wage & hour compliance.
- Owns and fosters effective communication at all levels of the organization as well as liaison with client local operations councils and workgroups.
- Helps prepare, develop and execute action plans on FDA, Business Process Compliance and Wage and Hour Audits.
- Maintains compliance with Safety Plan including safety observations, incident investigations, 5 Whys/root cause analysis, 6S, safety committee meetings and action items.
- Promotes employee engagement thru company recognition programs.
- Assuring that all Company, Operating, Administrative and Business Conduct Policies, and normal business ethical standards, including client’s Code of Conduct, are closely followed by all employees within their Commissary.
- Supports the accurate administration of the payroll, human resources, and operations reports as necessary and as directed by AGM or GM.
- Other duties assigned.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience leading an operations team.
- Key experience in the following categories is an asset: customer service leadership, foodservice or route sales operations, performance management, training and development of front line managers/personnel.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to obtain DOT certification to operate DOT regulated vehicles.
- Client interaction, communication, organization/time management, multi-tasking, detail-oriented, accuracy-driven and proficient computer skills are critical to success in this role.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently is important as well.
- Must have familiarity with inventory control procedures and experience handling perishable products
- Industry background to include vending, food service, route distribution (e.g. uniform distribution or customer products), retail.
- Must be able to work various shifts of a 24/7 operation
Back to top