Vice President of Operations - Healthcare
- Houston, TX
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as aBest Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, this Vice President of Operations (VPO) is responsible for the overall operation of multiple accounts generating $50M in revenue. This individual will be accountable for galvanizing a team under a common growth and operations platform, and ultimately drive improvement in operational efficiency, revenue, margin and client retention for each account in the overall portfolio. The VPO will work to continuously ensure the organization is delivering operational excellence, while also identifying innovative and creative services and solutions to expand on our clients' requirements, working closely with internal and external partners. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for determining the overall strategy, priorities and direction for operations within the area. The ideal candidate is comfortable with change, taking measured risk, and influencing decision-making.
- Manage all facets of the area including sales, finance, human resources, and customer service with full P&L accountability.
- Drive new sales growth within existing client base and ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service to our clients.
- Develop short and long term operational strategies in partnership with senior team members and provide the leadership necessary for the successful design, development, and execution of that strategy to achieve measurable outcomes in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Lead and manage a highly productive, motivated and driven team through strong communication, empowerment, reward and coaching techniques. Maintain close working relationships with partner group in functional areas, including Sales, Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain and Compliance.
- Partner with the business unit leaders and other key stakeholders to drive change and implement new business processes.
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree desired
- Minimum of 10-12 years of progressively responsible, successful experience in general management with full P&L responsibility - food or retail service sector preferred.
- Proven leadership and experience with managing effective client relationships that are high, wide and deep.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a broad knowledge of management practices and good business analysis/project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp a large, complex, matrix-oriented global business at a base level and use this understanding to set overall strategy and drive business process improvement.
- Demonstrated business savvy to effectively communicate and work with other executives in support of achieving business and systems goals.
- Strong business planning skills to execute strategic projects with implications for business areas with rapidly evolving business processes. Must posses a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues.
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects, as well as resources, remotely in a highly dispersed organization.
- Proven ability to select top talent and create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continual learning and development of key personnel for future advancement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a wide range of audiences including clients, front line managers and C-level leaders.
Back to top