Reporting to the Regional Vice President, this Vice President of Operations (VPO) is responsible for the overall operation of a major contracted-services account normally generating $80M+ in revenue. This individual will be accountable for galvanizing a team under a common growth and operations platform, and ultimately drive improvement in operational efficiency, revenue, margin and client retention for each account in the overall portfolio. The VPO will work to continuously ensure the organization is delivering operational excellence, while also identifying innovative and creative services and solutions to expand on our clients' requirements, working closely with internal and external partners. The incumbent of this position will develop and maintain the overall strategy, priorities and direction for operations within the area.
- Manage all facets of the area including sales, finance, human resources, and customer service including full P&L accountability.
- Drive new sales growth within existing client base and ensure the delivery of exceptional customer service to our clients.
- Develop short- and long-term operational strategies in partnership with senior team members and lead the design, development, and execution of those strategies to achieve measurable outcomes in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Lead and manage a highly productive, motivated and driven team through strong communication, empowerment, reward, and coaching techniques. Maintain close working relationships with partner group in functional areas, including Sales, Human Resources, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, and Compliance.
- Partner with the business unit leaders and other key stakeholders to inspire change and implement new business processes.
To be prepared for this important leadership role, qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree desired
- Minimum of 10-12 years of progressive responsibility, successful experience in general management with full P&L responsibility; food, facilities, or retail service sector preferred.
- Proven leadership and experience with managing effective client relationships that are high, wide and deep.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including broad knowledge of management practices and good business analysis/project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp a large, complex, global business at a base level and use this understanding to set overall strategy and drive business process improvement.
- Adept business savvy to effectively communicate and work with other executives in support of achieving business and systems goals.
- Strong business planning skills to complete strategic projects with implications for business areas with rapidly evolving business processes. Must possess a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues.
- Proven ability to manage numerous projects, as well as resources, remotely in a highly dispersed organization.
- Established ability to select top talent and create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continuous learning, and development of key leaders for future advancement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a range of audiences including clients, front-line managers, and C-level leaders.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.