Student - Catering Service Worker - Western Carolina University
- Fairfax, NC
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as aBest Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Student - Catering Service Worker is responsible for event set-up, transporting equipment and food to the event location, serving guests during the event, and breaking down/cleaning up after the event. The Student - Catering Service Worker must be a student at the Aramark location. Essential functions and responsibilites of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirments and business needs.
- Set up of catering service according to client/customer requests and banquet event orders
- Serves food and beverage to guests
- Maintains appearance and cleanliness of food service areas during event
- Replenishes food and beverage product during event
- Breaks down and cleans food service areas and equipment post event; returns equipment to proper storage area
- Provides excellent customer service, anticipating guests’ needs
- Maintains a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- Ensures security of company assets
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience as a server or in food service role preferred
Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of food safety principles and procedures
- Must be able to obtain a food safety certification
- Requires constant standing and walking
- Requires frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Back to top