The Security Worker is responsible for maintaining the security of people and/or property in assigned area(s). Responsibilities may include but are not limited to, assisting clients, customers, and visitors to and on site, enforcing site regulations, reporting safety hazards, assisting with traffic control, etc. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Provides internal/external patrol of buildings and surrounding property
• Locks and unlocks doors to permit entry at appropriate times
• Checks buildings and work areas when not open for business
• Monitors camera's, alarm systems, access control and admits appropriate personnel per authorized staff lists
• Conducts ongoing inspections of buildings and grounds to detect safety violations and hazards
• Prepares Safety Condition Reports and work orders where appropriate
• Responds to all emergency situations
• Establishes contact with local Fire/Police officials for assistance
• Takes possession of found property
• Escorts guests, visitors, and employees
• Conducts investigations and inspections
• Prepares accurate and complete written reports
• Maintains strict confidentiality of security information
• Provides non-liable information to guests, visitors, and staff
• Control parking and vehicular traffic
• Demonstrates professional behavior
• Protects property and staff by maintaining safe and secure surroundings
• Monitor and control access at building entrances and admits appropriate personnel and/or guests
• Ensures security of company assets
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Previous experience as a security officer preferred
• This position requires the ability to gather and interpret information and to accurately complete required reporting procedures
• Officers should be knowledgeable in search and seizure, constitutional rights, investigative, and interviewing techniques
• Officers work independently and under indirect supervision
• Officers are required to maintain daily contact with a wide range of people including guests, Fire/Police officials, and employees
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all investigations, incidents, etc.
• Must hold proper license based on state/local regulations
• Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling up to 25 lb
• Requires frequent standing, walking, and climbing stairs
• Must be able to work - days, nights, overnights, weekends, holidays as required by location
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.