The Retail Supervisor coordinates a team of employees at an assigned location under the direction of the Retail Manager. Responsible for interactions between management, guests, employees, and vendors.
• Supervises the receiving and tagging of incoming merchandise
• Assigns daily tasks and ensures tasks are performed correctly and in a timely manner, while maintaining high standards of customer service
• Coordinates the moving of incoming merchandise to retail office, storage area(s) and/or display floor
• Handles the storing of all incoming merchandise in assigned locations
• Ensures correct pricing on all products on the floor
• Maintains customer service standards
• Cashiers when necessary to expedite the processing of guest's purchasing
• Responsible for the recording of damaged merchandise
• Merchandises the floor for maximum sale of all products
• Works with team members to facilitate the stocking of the floor with appropriate levels of merchandise
• Leads special projects (i.e., holidays, events, book signings, etc.) when needed
• Communicates with the manager to ensure all received products are placed on the retail floor as soon as possible
• Leads the maintenance of inventory levels within guidelines
• Follows through with information to team members on new products or procedures applying the information book on the floor.
• Works with manager to always ensure full productivity on the floor
• Interacts with customers for possible merchandising opportunities
• Takes charge of unpacking and pricing of new merchandise
• Conducts periodic inventory count based on schedule established by controller and retail buyer
• Ensures that packing slips and invoices are reconciled by the retail clerk
• Fully understands the point-of-sale system
• Follows and implements all wage and hour standards/procedures; to include meal breaks and schedules
• In partnership with the manager, schedules staff on a weekly basis and resolves appropriate break schedules to improve floor coverage and customer service.
• Trains new hires on Point of Service (POS) system, overall safety, and job responsibilities.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
• Ability to use telephone, computer, Micros Point of Service (POS) system
• May be required to work overtime, nights, and/or weekends
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.