Purchasing Manager - Corrections
- Timonium, MD
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as aBest Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
As Aramark's Purchasing Manager for the Department of Corrections (DOC), you will be responsible for placing food orders consistent with the DOC food specifications for each of the DOC Correctional Institutions. This position assists the Nutrition & Operational Support Services Manager in setting standards for quality assurance and operational requirements to meet contractual and client needs. To meet contractual obligations, this position serves as a resource to both clients and Aramark on for needs related to food procurement, food service production software system and supply chain management. In addition, you will be responsible for placing food supply orders for 22 locations within the DOC, as well as monitoring and analyzing reports within our enterprise food production system. You will be required to communicate directly to client staff and coordinate with supply chain to resolve any issues with purchasing and receiving of goods.
Primary responsibilities and job requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance to DOC specified products.
- Placing food supply orders for 22 locations within the DOC via Ariba web-based ordering system.
- Research supply and distribution issues both internal to Aramark, as well as PA DOC client and operator concerns.
- Assisting in generating, evaluating, and presenting analysis on the Aramark food management system (PRIMA Web) usage reports to the DOC District Manager.
- Monitors and evaluates regional supplier performance.
- Participate in District meetings and Client/Customer meetings as required.
- Protect Aramark reputation through strict adherence to highest ethical standards consistent with company policy.
- Previous food service operations management experience is preferred.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently utilize a food production software system.
- Ability to build relationships, communicate effectively with clients, front line managers, sales, operations, and support staff.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Back to top