PRN Clinical Dietitian - Corpus Christi, TX
- Corpus Christi, TX
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as aBest Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark was ranked number one in its industry in the 2007 FORTUNE 500 survey and has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three in its industry among FORTUNE's "America's Most Admired Companies." Understanding that clinical excellence and the environment are interdependent, Aramark Healthcare makes an impact by helping nearly 1,300 partners across North America deliver the optimal healthcare experience for patients and their families and the physicians and nurses who care for them.
As a Clinical Dietitian you will provide overall nutrition care to patients. You will assure that the nutritional needs of the individual patients are being met and that all documentation as it relates to the patients nutritional status is complete and accurate. Plans and administers activities related to resident/patient nutrition care, complying with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies, and client. Establishes and maintains effective multidisciplinary relationships to provide a unified approach to patient/resident care.
- Maintain dietetic registration, state-required credentials and/or licensure and continuing education requirements.
- Conduct patient nutrition assessment on a population of lower acuity patients.
- Scope of practice may include both In-Patients (hospitalized) and Out-Patients (community/clinic-based).
- Manage the development and implementation plan for nutrition intervention in accordance with the Nutrition Care Process.
- Conduct rounding to drive patient satisfaction.
- Assess educational needs and the presence of barriers to learning. Provide nutrition counseling for individuals and groups, taking into consideration any adaptations to teaching methods necessary to meet patient learning needs.
- Utilize assessment and evaluation techniques that consider the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Evaluate achievement of learning objectives by the patient and/or family. Provide appropriate follow-ups in accordance with the patient’s treatment goals, referring patients for outpatient counseling, community, or home health services as appropriate.
- Deliver strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal nutrition care and meal service to patients/residents.
- Work cooperatively with medical staff as well as food & nutrition services staff to assure conformance to prescribed nutrition care orders.
- Provide education that ensures compliance with food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation that summarizes the nutrition care plan in a patient’s medical record, including nutrition assessment, diagnosis, plan, implementation, and progress towards goals.
- Maintain clinical productivity standards and accurate record keeping of daily clinical activities, including information for scheduling and billing.
- Demonstrate accountability for the proper use of patients’ protected health information.
The position is considered Entry Level, and requires a Bachelor’s Degree and eligibility to practice dietetics in the state of employ.
- Completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies.
- Pass a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Obtain / Maintain required state licensure to practice dietetics.
Back to top