The Patient Transport Worker provides transportation of patients, patient's belongings, medical records, specimens, etc. to various areas of the institution to facilitate patient care. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Maintains a friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers.
• Responsive to customer needs
• Safely transports patients and their belongings, medical records, specimens and equipment to various areas of the institution to facilitate patient care.
• Safely moves patients with traction, IVs, drainage apparatus, oxygen and other medically related encumbrances excluding transfusing of blood.
• Effectively uses electronic devices or computers on all calls and requests. Notify dispatcher of the status of assigned duties and proceeds as instructed.
• Follows established department procedures to accurately verify and transport the proper patient by visually checking two patient identifiers.
• Transports patients upon admissions and discharge and assists patients into and out of vehicles at entrances (within limits as described by department safety standards).
• Adheres to the established policies addressing confidentiality of patient information.
• Transports decedent bodies to the morgue in a timely manner and ensures that proper documentation is completed.
• Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Follows OSHA regulations and other local, state, and federal regulations.
• Maintains compliance with Aramark's standards of operation. Adheres to Aramark's Business Conduct Policy at all times. Maintains all records and reports to ensure compliance, with all local, state and federal regulations and codes.
• Position prefers a high school diploma or GED Must be able to communicate fluently in the English language.
• Ability to stay calm in less than calm circumstances.
• Ability to work well under time constraints.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Must be flexible and responsive to change.
This role may have physical demands including but not limited to lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended standing or walking. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Patient Transport Worker - BSWH BUMC CTD