The Patient Transport Worker Lead is responsible for transporting patients, patient's belongings, medical records, meds from pharmacy, hospital equipment and specimens both on and off campus via wheelchair, stretcher, bed, cart and/or van using the dispatch function of the Hospital Transportation computer and two-way radio communication system.
• Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients, and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
• Provides transportation to various areas of the institution to facilitate patient care.
• Safely transports patients and their belongings, medical records, charts, blood, specimen, and equipment to various areas of the institution.
• Safely moves patients with traction, IV's, drainage apparatus, oxygen, and other encumbrances.
• Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Follows OSHA regulations and other local, state, and federal regulations.
• Notifies dispatcher of status of assigned duties and proceeds as instructed.
• Transports patients upon admissions and discharge helping the patient in and out of vehicles at entrances.
The job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activates may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Prefers a high school diploma or equivalent experience
• Must be able to communicate fluently in the English language.
• Valid Driver's License required
• Maintains a safe driving record.
• CPR certification required within 90 days of date of hire.
• Ability to apply elementary math functions.
• Ability to work well under time constraints.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.