The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The Business Analyst - Data Science will focus on advancing productivity across the Healthcare enterprise. The Data Science role
will be the center of business intelligence, uncovering impactful insights that put Aramark clients in the Healthcare industry ahead of the curve. The purpose of this position will be to provide value through analysis presented to the key business stakeholders in supporting their decision making. The individual will work closely with the Healthcare OpX teams and other center lead teams in Marketing, Pricing and IT to develop and implement tools and processes that support our field operators, then actively monitor the success of those tools and improve them as necessary.
The position will report to the Vice President of Healthcare Operational Excellence.
- Support development of machine learning algorithms using large data sets to drive consumer and operations insights
- Develop predictive models to help drive pre-event decision making and actionable recommendations to teams
- Support discovery of new analytical techniques and external data to apply to existing statistical models or creation of new insights
- Leverages existing data warehouses to support development of business intelligence reports and objects that enable the Healthcare Business Unit's strategy
- Support the development, maintenance, and improvement of reporting server to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of data and analysis using statistical principals
- Support data science initiatives and assist in implementation of new data analysis into existing platforms and/or assist in developing new applications for distribution to wide audiences
- Work collaboratively with data stakeholders and other team members to execute analytical initiatives
- Deploy processes/programs and tools/technology
- Monitor key operating metrics relative to patient experience, facilities, food, and labor.
- Use standard process/toolkit to build out site level remediation plans
- Continuously improve tool set available to the field teams to address operational challenges.
- Interface with LOB OpX teams, regional staff and Centers of Excellence to develop processes and tools that drive best practices in patient experience and enhance facilities, food and labor productivity, then work with our OpX partners to get them properly deployed, trained and monitored.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, Data Science, or related field with emphasis on predictive modeling and analysis
- Experience with using a statistical tool such as R
- Experience with building, running, and maintaining predictive models
- Exposure to machine learning or AI development a plus
- Experience using SQL to query large datasets and leverage them as input
- Ability to work with large transactional databases across multiple platforms
- Demonstrate initiative in identifying issue areas and suggestions for improvement
- Work independently, and with sometimes minimal guidance, yet collaboratively within Healthcare and other enterprise functional areas
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Any programming (e.g. Java, VBA, C#, Python) experience a plus
- Ability to present complicated analytical material in a concise and compelling manner
- Position requires good interpersonal and communication skills, sound judgment and ability to learn quickly; ability to adapt to new situations and interface with senior management.
- Must be able to problem solve and adjust priorities with little advance notice to meet deadlines and requests.
- Strong analytical skill set, including:
- Financial and operational analysis
- Root cause problem solving
- Visual display of quantitative data
- Computer / system savvy; able to quickly learn and manipulate new tools