The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for supervising the cleaning of assigned rooms, linens, hallways, carpets and other designated amenities and areas in accordance with the highest cleanliness standards to ensure customer satisfaction. The Housekeeping Supervisor is also required to ensure that all daily housekeeping procedures and policies are followed. Housekeeping Supervisors may be required to perform administrative and housekeeper duties when necessary.
• Assists the Housekeeping Manager with daily duties
• Ensures that all employees (housekeepers, housemen, linen attendants, and general resort workers) report to duty punctually, well-groomed, and in proper attire.
• Assists in the development and implementation of schedules, duties, apparel, appearance, and conduct of all housekeeping staff
• Assists in the training of all Aramark and OSHA policies and procedures pertaining to employment, safety, and sanitation
• Ensures the establishment of effective and responsible guest relations and administers lost and found policy and procedure to ensure that all items are turned in daily and logged.
• Works closely with the maintenance department to ensure that all repairs are done and cleaned before the guest arrives.
• Directs the control of linen counts and handling, and maintains an inventory of rooms
• Orders and distributes all supplies and equipment, controlling costs
• Responsible for the motivation of housekeeping staff and ensuring the efficient use of staff to maximize productivity.
• Ensures that all work areas are neat, clean, and organized and performs such other duties as required or directed.
• Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies, and energy
• Report to work on time and in complete uniform
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• One year of previous supervisory or three years lead experience in housekeeping functions preferred.
• Position requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Demonstrates leadership potential.
• Read, write, and understand English.
• Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
• Ability to understand and carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Basic knowledge of infection control procedures and universal precautions.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.