The IT Specialist is Responsible for providing analysis and standard design, performing configuration and installation, and providing technical support and diagnostic troubleshooting of servers, LANs (local area networks), and their interfaces with WANs (wide area networks). Manages multiple customer-serving structures across multiple platforms and has a proactive maintenance strategy. Works to keep POS, PMS, and Retail systems up and always running securely. Remain current with server-related advances and problem determination information. Follows PCI and security best practices while providing outstanding customer service.
- Provides analysis and standard design, configures, installs, and optimizes servers, LANs (local area networks - both network operating systems and the network infrastructure and cable plant), their interfaces with WANs (wide areas networks), and data communications hardware and software (e.g., routers, bridges).
- Understands and supports virtual environments including cloud-based environments.
- Coordinates with and provides appropriate support to third parties performing server, LAN and data communications configurations and installations.
- Conducts preliminary installation testing of servers, LANs and data communications capabilities, coordinating as appropriate with IT Field Support and Master Data teams.
- Maintains and repairs, and/or coordinates third party maintenance and repair of servers, switches, routers, and other data communications equipment.
- Resolving problems (on site during business hours; on-call support during "off-hours')
- Assuring the efficient and trouble-free operation of all infrastructure servers, data communications equipment, remote and local communications gear, as well as remote communications gear.
- Restoring the availability of failed or degraded network components and/or facilities to satisfy service level agreements.
- Performing hardware and software upgrades on network operating systems - Provides second-level support for hardware, operating system, database, or communications problems.
- Ensures consistent security of all POS, database, and networks in ARAMARK control.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of LAN protocols and diagnostic techniques to analyze, diagnose, and resolve network problems.
- Effectively communicates with client technology personnel on all joint venture implementations.
- Develops and updates systems documentation for LANs, WAN interfaces, and infrastructure interfaces. Includes technical reference materials.
- Manages infrastructure vendors across the Aramark account portfolio ensuring that value and customer service always meet expectations.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience including, but not limited to, significant experience with LANs and interfaces with WANs.
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in providing guidance and direction to others is strongly preferred.
- Hands on expertise with server and communications technologies, including both installation and support.
- In addition, prefer knowledge of a broad range of IT technologies and applications.
- Strong knowledge of project planning/management techniques, with solid experience in their use.
- Well-organized with strong communication (including technical writing), interpersonal and analysis skills.
- Familiarity with change management techniques.
- Hardware/software testing and problem diagnostic skills.
- Vendor management skills, organization, and analysis skills.
- Routing protocols and managed switch experience preferred.
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.