The Inventory Clerk is responsible for processing accurate and timely transactions and conducting Quality Assurance of inbound/outbound product orders, including Train Provisioning Solution (TPS) services where applicable, while delivering excellent customer service to internal and external Amtrak customers and client partners.
- Enter data and process transactions in Warehouse Inventory Management System (WIMS) database.
- Conduct Quality Assurance (QA) verification audits for both inbound and outbound orders, in the commissary (including cooler/freezer), at the Amtrak railyard/train platform, and on board Amtrak trains, effectively communicate and help resolve all discrepancies identified.
- Ensure that the QA Process VPS Tools and Business Process SOPs are in compliance; communicate any deviations immediately to management.
- Assist with problem solving, determining root causes to transactional issues and developing appropriate sustainable solutions.
- May be asked to assist with Centralized Purchasing process as well as executing Warehouse to Warehouse Transfers.
- Maintain files at the location, answer internal and external calls, use electronic equipment such as scanners, tablets, computers, printers, copiers, etc.
- Participate in End of Month (EOM) inventory process and periodic cycle counts as required.
- Utilize various reports (such as Negative Usage) to identify trends and areas for transactional process improvement.
- Prepare communication materials for management and for the hourly staff including, but not limited to: bulletin boards, schedules, memos, etc.
- May operate vehicles such as golf carts and non-DOT trucks/vans (requirement may vary by location). If vehicle operation is required, must meet Aramark's CMV policy requirements, as well as safely operate vehicles in a manner consistent with safe work procedures and in accordance with operating guidelines.
- Maintain a professional image, including conforming to communicated dress codes and maintaining proper hygiene when reporting to work and performing job duties.
- Perform duties as a member of a team where duties and responsibilities will be shared and adjusted to the client and/or commissary needs.
- Comply with all OSHA Safety and MSDS Standards, and all Company work rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional attitude towards co-workers, management, client employees and visitors to the facility.
- Set high personal standards of performance and accept responsibility and accountability for all actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate professionally in person, by phone and through email.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while interacting with staff at all levels, and remaining positive, proactive and resourceful.
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to work efficiently and independently.
- Basic computer skills required, including use of technology (scanners, tablets, printers, copiers, etc.) and Microsoft Office programs, as well as cloud based systems.
- Able to read and understand various reports and take appropriate action.
- Must possess a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and is well organized.
- An understanding of inventory flow and accountability.
- Work well and collaboratively as part of a team, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Excellent customer service skills and follow through.
- Flexibility in working a rotating schedule, including but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays, and a reliable attendance record.
- Repetitive motion is required; involving typing, filing and use of hands and wrists.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires working in both extreme heat and extreme cold.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have/maintain a valid driver's license and be able to meet and maintain Aramark CMV policy employment requirements (only if vehicle operation required, location-specific).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.