The Host/Hostess is responsible for greeting and seating guests. The Host/Hostess should provide general guest service within the dining establishment as well as escalate and/or resolve any issues as necessary to ensure guest satisfaction. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Greets guests as they arrive seat them accordingly ensuring the optimum use of tables
• Ensures any special needs or requests for diners are accommodated and arranged
• Maintains the appearance and cleanliness of the front-of-house environment
• Escalates any guest needs or concerns as necessary
• Works closely with the kitchen staff and servers optimizing communication to ensure efficient operations
• Maintains excellent guest service and positive demeanor towards guests, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Adaptable to guest needs
• Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job Qualifications (Long Description)
• Previous host/hostess or food service experience preferred
• Demonstrates excellent guest service skills
• Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
• The ideal candidate has a flexible schedule to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Enjoys working in a lively environment
• Must be able to obtain food safety certification
• Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lb
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.