General Manager- Healthcare - Food Services - The University of Kansas Hospital
- Kansas City, KS
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Healthcare is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America. Our presence is felt throughout the entire healthcare continuum, from patients, visitors and residents, to nurses and physicians. That's why we believe our people are truly our greatest asset. And it's why we're committed to creating an internal culture where the best people want to work - with a dedication to diversity, exceptional career development, competitive benefits and compensation, and generous community initiatives that make a difference.
Aramark Healthcare is searching for a General Manager - Food Services to oversee the Food Department and all Food Related Operations for the University of Kansas Hospital, acute care facility in Kansas City, Kansas. Reporting to the DM or VPO, the General Manager will plan, administer and direct all unit activities related to food service. Responsibilities include Aramark Healthcare and client financial accountability, and compliance with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Leads food service departments. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified food service experience for patients, residents, visitors and employees. Primary level of impact in within own operations.
- Reporting to the DM, the General Manager plans, administers and directs all unit activities related to food service.
- Responsible for Aramark Healthcare and Client financial accountability.
- Responsible for compliance with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies, and Client.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified food service experience for patients, residents, visitors and employees.
- Primary level of impact is within own operation.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare, Client, and regulatory agency standards and programs. Continually monitors operations, completes assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service, and drives patient and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Interacts with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels of Client organization, including conducting rounding. Identifies Aramark service expansion opportunities.
- Provides overall direction and manages performance for all Food Service Managers, Supervisors and front line employees, ensuring employee development, engagement and compliance with human resource related policies and standards, including conducting applicable rounding.
- Directs, staffs, and trains food service department regarding food presentation, quality, cost control, and cash handling.
- Develops operational component forecasts and is able to explain variances. Responsible for component's accounting functions.
- Ensures compliance with all contract obligations.
- Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree, or be a Certified Dietary Manager, or be a Registered Dietitian.
- A minimum of 5 years food service management experience, including at least 3 years of successful P&L management experience within a professional environment.
- Demonstrated experience with managing salaried individuals and the soft skills necessary to drive programs and develop careers.
- Effective communication (listening, verbal and written) skills with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- Acute Care Hospital experience required with EVS experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand food cost and the usage of food.
- Demonstrated attention to the achievement of high quality standards coupled with a proven track record in identifying defects in the preparation and service of food and the implementation of improved quality control procedures.
- Strong catering background.
- Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential employee, Client, and Aramark information.
- Demonstrated ability to responding effectively and efficiently to changing client demands.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong financial acumen required.
- Experience in contract management preferred.
Back to top