The Food Service Worker Lead will establish and maintain systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing, serving and payment of food and related products within a specific food production and service area. Supervise, train, and lead a food preparation operation, maintain customer service, and ensure appropriate quantities of food are prepared and served. Meets all time constraints set by the customer menu requirements.
Shift: Monday - Friday, Day shifts
- Lead all aspects of and assist in preparation of food items for the day and dating products.
- Coordinate and assist in setting up and breaking down stations designated by the manager.
- Cook and otherwise prepare foods according to recipes and directions.
- Responsible for use of accurate portions when preparing and serving items on the line.
- Maintain daily temperature logs
- Responsible for taking samples of all food items on the line prior to serving the customers.
- Alert management and pull food items that do not meet quality expectations.
- Complete opening and closing station checklists
- Greet customers as they approach and leave the serving line
- Ask customers about the quality of their service and handle any complaints while maintaining a positive attitude and smile.
- Coordinate and assist in maintaining a clean work station (including floors, work areas, equipment, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks)
- Ensures that all work areas and serving utensils are cleaned and sanitized
- Responsible for accurate disposal of waste from the service line
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by cart.
- Assist with daily safety observations and report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately
- Cross-train in areas as the need arises
- Able to work in concessions, catering, and special events required by your manager
- Perform task as requested by your manager on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis
- Completion of any task requested by a supervisor or member of the Aramark management team.
- Lead all aspects of and advise the employees working on the line to ensure timely and effective service of the customers. Request support from utility workers for sanitation issues of the line as needed.
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous PTO and vacation
- Subsidized public transportation
- Uniform allowance
- Disability and life insurance
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
A COVID vaccine or approved exemption is a requirement for employment
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong Leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Serve Safe Certification
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Food Service Experience preferred
- Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items
- Ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, loud noise, chemicals and other at risk conditions
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.