The Food Prep Worker prepares, and portions food items and performs various duties in accordance with production requirements and Aramark sanitation standards. Uses daily worksheets and standardized recipes to cook meals.
• Prepares all food items using prep lists and standard Aramark recipes.
• Follows proper food handling procedures.
• Maintains accurate rotation of food to assure top quality and freshness.
• Manages leftover foods correctly; cover, label, date, and accurately store according to Aramark standards.
• Maintains clean and orderly refrigerators and work areas.
• Ensures stations are cleaned, sanitized, and organized at the end of the shift (including cleaning of kitchen equipment).
• Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment that conforms to all food safety standards and regulations.
• Follows safety policies and accident reporting procedures.
• Completes all required training.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Minimum one-year prep work or food service-related work preferred.
• Knowledge of food prep, proper knife handling, temperature control, and sanitation is helpful.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate communication with others.
• Mathematical ability required.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Food Prep Worker