Finance Manager and Controller - Higher Education
- Tempe, AZ
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as aBest Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
As a Finance Manager/Controller you will be responsible for preparation of financial and operating reports and conduct and document financial analysis projects. The Controller will work directly with the lead operator senior controller at the account and enforce procedures that maximize profit by ensuring operational targets, internal control of inventories, cash, and equipment.
• Highly collaborative with Senior Controller, District Manager, Directors, and Managers and communicate key levers to improve margins
• Financial planning and analysis: create annual forecast/budget by venue, create weekly/monthly/annual financial reports
• Accountable for Cash Flow, Cash and Banking, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, and Capital Expenditures
• Weekly/Monthly reporting – including analyzing and communicating to the corporation and operators, including targets with SMART actions
• Audits/Contract Compliance – including Cash, Accounts Payable, SOX and working with internal corporate auditors
• Meal Plans: manage deferred income account(s) reconciliation, participate in annual meal plan structure/rate increase, maintain patron management system balances
• Maintain all financial records and reports in adherence with Aramark’s Business Conduct Policy and all local, state, and federal regulations and codes
• Train and develop finance and operations teams on financial acumen and policies
• Client Communication – including systems, reporting, and changes to the program
• Assist in operational support as needed with direction from District Manager/Regional Finance Director
• Develop proformas for new business and revenue growth opportunities
• Performs regional and account related duties as directed by the Regional Finance Director
• Recruit, train, develop, and motivate staff
• Sound judgment and ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations
• Ideal candidates will possess a bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
• Minimum 2-3 of 5 years of progressive financial experience required, including AP/AR, payroll, and P&L management
• Ability to work closely with a team in budgeting, cost controls and monthly weekly reporting is critical.
• Adhering to generally accepted accounting practices and observing all financial controls and processes is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work under strict deadlines are essential
• Must be organized, demonstrate initiative and have ability to diagnose current state and achieve process improvement
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required including pivot tables, goal seek, etc
• Candidate must be willing to work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends
Back to top