Director of Business Development - Engineering and Asset Solutions
- Philadelphia, PA
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Aramark Engineering and Asset Solutions (EAS) is a specialty services group within Aramark Facilities Services. Aramark maintains nearly 1 billion square feet across multiple industries worldwide.
Aramark EAS provides a portfolio of architectural, engineering and construction services including capital project management, energy solutions, building commissioning and strategic facility planning services for educational (K-12 and higher ed), corporate, cultural, government, healthcare, and private institutions. This talented team uniquely positions Aramark to assist clients in assuring that their facility assets are optimized, and their operational costs are effectively managed.
We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. Our commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition in the marketplace. Our dynamic team has an impressive track record including $6 Billion in projects commissioned and more than $10 Billion in construction and guaranteed energy savings projects, coupled with total energy savings of greater than $1 Billion to our Clients. (www.aramarkengineering.com)
Aramark EAS understands what matters to our clients throughout the course of their building life cycles and renovation projects. We're always seeking to reduces overall costs, optimize systems for reduced energy consumption, and create projects that fit the mission of the clients we serve. With decades of experience advancing the interests of owners, Aramark Engineering and Asset Solutions assumes the role of collaborator. Our clients look to us to help build teamwork and awareness throughout their community, while providing the technical expertise needed to deliver unparalleled services. From setting aggressive energy reduction goals - that we guarantee - to delivering buildings that optimally perform, all within budget and on-schedule.
What you will do:
We are seeking a seasoned technical sales professional with a proven track record of success selling operationally focused energy programs and/ or commissioning projects.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering and Asset Solutions' Sales, responsible for:
- sales of large, complex, bundled offerings with or without guaranteed savings to Clients at the C-level
- promoting the Aramark value proposition at the executive level by providing solutions to the customer's business and financial challenges
- building and managing long-term customer relationships/partnerships with key and target building owners
- expanding the depth and breadth of offerings within a given account, responsible for Client satisfaction
How you will do it:
- Sells, with minimal supervision, Aramark EAS offerings persuasively to building owners and owner representatives at the C-level while reaching optimal profit levels. Particularly focusing on energy programs, commissioning and retro-commissioning projects. This includes new construction commissioning, retro-commissioning. Energy programs include energy management, energy procurement, guaranteed savings projects, and renewable strategies.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with new prospective customers. Develops network of contacts. Qualifies and assesses potential customers. Refers non-applicable leads to other business segments.
- Builds partnering relationships with economic and technical buyers, owner or owner representatives responsible for the decision-making process to drive the sales. Manages ongoing sales process, develops relationship, responds to and anticipates customer needs. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language. Demonstrates financial and business acumen to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Addresses customer's financial, business, operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions that match the customer's business and financial challenges. Differentiates Aramark services and products from competitors based on business benefits and knowledge of competitor's business strategies.
- Effectively writes, presents and communicates proposals. Secures major opportunities using financial agreements. Negotiates value, addresses resistance when demonstrated, and closes the sale.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts.
- Leads the sales effort by building and fostering team relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff. Develops relationship with Facilities & Dining sales organizations to exceed customers' expectations. Owns and facilitates the customer relationship when applicable.
- Acts as the customer's advocate in interactions with the Aramark organization to ensure the customer obtains the best value from the Aramark offerings. Sets appropriate customer expectations on Aramark service offerings. Participates in final project inspection. Ensures that the customer is trained and oriented to system operation or the value of services delivered.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Knows when to engage assistance from upper management to keep the sales process moving.
- Attends and presents at trade shows. Participates in professional organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering (preferred), or related discipline required.
- Experience selling energy solutions, building commissioning, and/or related services required.
- A minimum of five to seven years of progressive field sales experience.
- Excellent initiative, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
- Ability to travel 50%.- Felixibility for a Midwest or East based location
Back to top