Custodial Shift Supervisor - The George Washington University - Mount Vernon Campus - Facility Management
- Washington, DC
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as aBest Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Job Summary: To assist management in maintaining or improving cleanliness quality through inspections, training and employee accountability, including employee counseling or disciplining. Supervisors must build upon established employee or customer relationships, improve employee morale, and help develop subordinates on a continuous basis.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Supervision of 10+ hourly employees
- Conduct daily inspections for quality and safety. Make necessary corrections.
- Understand all employee work assignments and schedule for adequate coverage.
- Conduct training and retraining as necessary. Follow recommended training process.
- Maintain effective business relationship with staff. Build upon and develop employee satisfaction and knowledge.
- Enforce department policies, follow up on daily assignments, and conduct counseling or disciplinary action.
- Maintain loyalty and honesty with employees, peers, customers and managers.
- Monitor special projects and on-call or new employees.
- Tour areas of responsibilities at least 2-4 times daily. Initiate or ensure corrective action is taken.
- Audit building keys, pagers, and payroll on a daily basis.
- Ensure all projects, maintenance, or cleaning challenges are communicated effectively for resolution.
- Control supply inventories and distribute equipment effectively.
- Supervise equipment performance and make necessary corrections.
- Assist in performing employee performance evaluations and make recommendations on employee performance ratings.
- Observe and report the need of furniture or other building fixtures repairs.
- When necessary, complete custodial work assignments.
- In case of emergency, perform all duties as assigned.
- Provide functional/operational support to work area as essential personnel during times of emergency, catastrophe, inclement weather, etc.
- Complete all other assigned tasks by management in which the employee is capable of performing.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be physically able to lift, lower, push and pull objects up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to stand, climb, bend, stoop and crouch for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to initiate and maintain good customer and co-worker relationships in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to follow oral or written instructions and directions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both written and verbal skills.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English and Spanish).
- Must have the ability to supervise others, demonstrate "quality customer service", and good human relations skills.
- Pays special attention to detail
Back to top