Custodial Manager - Facilities
- New Haven, CT
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as aBest Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Custodial Manager (CM) provides oversight direction of the custodial cleaning unit, which may include both union and non-union. The CM maintains strong facing relationships with the other Facility staff, contractors/subcontractors and building occupants for the safe performance of all cleaning work in accordance with the service agreement.
Working closely with the Facility staff, makes recommendations for process improvements, as well as, operating and cost efficiencies. The CM resources new cleaning methods and stays current on advancing technologies and programs that enhance cleaning efforts at the location(s). The CM meets regularly with users in a proactive environment to ensure customer satisfaction. The CM works closely with the Safety Coordinator and other Facility staff, as needed, to develop training resources for the safe and correct work practices and the implementation of advanced lean/green technologies, while ensuring site wide compliance of same. The CM ensures the timely completion of scheduled work, on-demand work requests and cleaning projects, conducting timely and appropriate reviews of cleaning audits and remedial action plans.
The CM is ultimately responsible for the accuracy of payroll and its timely weekly submittal. The CM compiles safety, performance and cost reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) established for the location(s).
Know and uphold ARAMARK’s policies, procedures and Service Agreements for the location(s) to allow client and tenants to focus on their core business. Take ownership of campus wide facilities, infrastructure and grounds, and drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance facility performance, operating effectiveness and cost efficiency as it relates to custodial operations.
- Review supervisors daily plans to labor loading, job assignments, work requests, special conditions (leaks, damage, waste flows) and special projects to ensure the most efficient utilization of labor at all times. Coordinate with appropriate Facility staff to avoid disruption of business operations and interference with maintenance activities and support a commitment to the quarantine of work areas and post-task clean-up.
- Communicate with building occupants to resolve cleaning complaints, improve pro-active measures and reduce waste. Educate stakeholders in all causes and sources of waste and inefficiency in custodial operations and promote continuous improvement initiatives to prevent filth and failure.
- Conduct safety walks, monitor mandatory and refresher safety training and records. Implement Aramark’s safety program including daily safety briefs. Oversee the investigation of safety incidents and validate Safety Incident Reports (5-Why) on the root causes of incidents and the site-wide implementation of permanent preventive measures.
- Conduct monthly layered compliance audits of the entire site to identify process deficiencies in relation to scope, standards, processes, methods, equipment and individual performance.
- Foster site-wide initiatives to upgrade lean/green methods and technologies including chemicals, tools and equipment:
- Develop recommendations for upgrading the site’s physical condition (clean-ability), with improved building products, fixtures, equipment surfaces and finishes.
- Monitor response times, work order aging and completion rates and other factors critical to performance.
- Monitor and report on operational data for productivity (labor utilization, call frequencies, call-backs) and install Business Process Development display carts at strategic locations to foster process improvements, “best practices” to eliminate waste, reduce cost and raise performance.
- Conduct daily quality control inspections to insure contractual performance standards and KPIs are met.
- Collaborate with Facility staff for moves, events and other client activities.
Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree plus certification (IFMA, BOMA, ISSA, OS-1) or equivalent coursework indicating professional development.
Minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory capacity for janitorial operations in a union environment. Knowledge of facility operations and custodial operations in business and technical environment and responsibility for direct customer relations.
Proficiency with computerized IWMS/CMMS and other programs in a process-driven business environment.
Administrative and reporting experience related to business operations, including staff management, safety, work planning, scheduling and logistics.
- Leadership to direct, train and motivate supervisors overseeing a unionized hourly workforce to safely and consistently perform assigned work to required standards.
- Direct knowledge or aptitude to quickly grasp:
- ARAMARK and client’s processes, systems, priorities and values.
- ARAMARK and GM management and support operations to bring expertise, experience and technology to bear on operational requirements and customer expectations.
- Implement Aramark’s Absolute Success Elements for custodial operations.
- Proficient use of IWMS/CMMS, MS Office suite including mobile / handheld technology.
- Organizational skills to balance work requirements and resources, and train, equip, mobilize, monitor and continuously improve labor and material resources to meet constantly changing customer requirements and operating conditions.
- Adaptability to work in a diverse environment, focus on customer satisfaction under high-stress conditions, and organize an effective response to day-to-day requirements, and one-of-a-kind extremes.
- Communications skills that invite credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment among key stakeholders in operations, critical facilities, events, and line supervisors. Particular concerns are:
- Client relationships, aligning customer requirements with resources and schedules.
- Workforce / contractor direction, productivity, quality and commitment.
- Administrative coordination, regarding job assignments, productivity, labor relations, logistics etc.
- Planning, monitoring and reporting to drive continuous improvement, achieve KPIs and optimize reliability and value.
Back to top