Custodial & Food Service Manager - Austin, TX
- Austin, TX
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as aBest Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Management position, responsible for developing and executing solutions to meet operating and financial goals. Leads the operations of facility and food service accounts by ensuring areas of responsibility meet objectives and client expectations. Responsible for servicing and/or maintaining a physical location or site to client specifications.
- Leadership – Overall ownership and accountability of operational management and financial performance of the unit with up to 18 team members. Lead, mentor, engage and develop teams to maximize their contributions, including recruiting, assessing, training, coaching and managing performance. Model key leadership behaviors and ensure the highest levels of safety, quality and service excellence for employees, clients and customers. Coach employees by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how to execute. Identify and engage top talent and develop team members to their fullest potential. Ensure facilities services connects to the appropriate Executional Framework. Consistently utilize the Aramark coaching model. Reward and recognize employees. Ensure safety and sanitation standards in all operations.
- Client Relationship - Develop and maintain effective client and customer rapport for mutually beneficial business relationship. Identify client needs and communicate operational progress regularly as well as in a formalized CBR. Demonstrate excellent customer service using Aramark’s standard model. Facilitate and support new business and retention activities.
- Financial Performance - Responsible for building revenue and managing budget which includes labor, supplies, equipment and related services/materials as well as ensuring the completion and maintenance of P&L statements. Adopt all Aramark processes and systems, understand performance metrics, data, and order and inventory trends; educate teams on key levers to improve margins.
- Productivity - Implement and maintain agenda for both labor and total quality management requirements and initiatives. Create value through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management. Ensure full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals for food, facilities, labor, and sustainability efforts to reduce energy consumption and maximize labor productivity. Actively use Aramark systems to manage and report food and facilities metrics.
- Compliance – Maintain a safe and healthy environment for clients, customers and employees. Comply with all applicable Aramark policies, rules, food safety guidelines and regulations. Ensure audits are completed accurately and on time and cash handling guidelines are adhered to in the retail environments.
- Manage and supervise all cleaning, sanitizing and custodial operations along with shipping/receiving and retail store employees.
- Manage and supervise all food service employees, ensuring ServSafe protocols, menus, events, and compliance in all areas.
- Must be able to read, understand, and communicate in English and Spanish.
- Requires at least 4 years’ experience and 2-3 years in a management role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills, numerous systems, high degree of accuracy
- Ability to cope with varied and fast paced activities, accept change and embrace new processes and procedures
- Ability to build relationships with direct reports, peers, managers and client representatives using excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading custodial and/or food service departments is highly preferred
Back to top